How do you deal with oily combination skin?

My skin tone is not unified at all and I'm asking if anyone tried some face masks or something at home that actually worked to improve their skin tone and to unify it. I don't have acne but my T zone is q different color from the rest of my face.

Most Helpful Girl

• This might sound weird but: Oil.
    As a fellow girl, I want the best for you so this will be a long response.

But Yes! I was shocked by it too when I first heard of it. Oil to combat oil? I used to have acne all over my face, and my skin is really sensitive and so a lot of products would irritate my skin and I would develop blotches of discoloration all over my face. I have the kind of skin that is either super dry or super oily, or for the most part, super dry that my skin is flaking off but it's super oily to the touch and my forehead turns into a mirror. Let me tell you, I don't have the smooth skin I have now from birth; it was from sheer determination and hard work. I mean it.

Fask masks are useless and a waste of money if you haven't cleaned your face to some point. I used to buy so much thinking they'd work but I'm embarrassed to think I fell for the advertising now... I find that Japanese oil cleansers are the best and I still live by it to this day. I use a Kose - Sekkisei brand but it's kind of pricey, I'm sure there are others out there that are priced more reasonably and still works the same. I like the Sekkisei line because it's not just the oil, and actually washes your face when you rinse it off. They're basically an oil or oil solution you gently massage on your face (if you wear make-up, this is a MUST and a first step to cleaning your face of it) to remove any particles on your face. Once you massage it, if you have a piece of silk cloth (any facial cloth works but silk clothes are most gently and work the best to gently exfoliate your face without damaging it), massage in circular motions starting from your T-zone and work your way down. Rinse it off and if you have a gently facial foam, use that after the oil cleansing to help with your pores. I use Sunday Riley Ceramic Clay Slip Cleanser because it leaves my face feeling super smooth and it's gently but cleans very well. Make sure to lather it in your hands first before applying it on your face. If the price does not work with you, I suggest powder facial washers where you put an small amount in your hands and drop a few droplet of water and lather it up, or any facial wash that puffs up into a big foam when lathered into your hands.
    Do this any any other facial product you choose to use after this will work efficiently. Since there's a limit to how much I can write here, I'll have to stop here.

I'm wishing the best for you! Best of luck!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 14

• Have you tried a toner? I use one from Olay and it seems to work pretty well. It improved my skin's colour and appearance. I usually have red spots on my skin, and parts of my face are more red than others. The toner helps me to have a more even skin tone.

I also use an Olay moisturizer. I have combination skin as well, and no other products have worked for me. I find most moisturizers are too heavy and don't absorb into my skin. Causing it to become oily and cause me to break out. If I don't moisturize then I have oily, but flaky skin (crazy, I know!).

I also found drinking more water helped to cause my skin to be less drastically different between the dry spots and the oily spots.

• Do u live somewhere hot? Because I noticed on Australian soaps they out coloured sunscreen on their noses... maybe ur noseis taking in more rays from the sun.. not suggesting u walk around with bright pink sunblock on ur nose but a moisturiser or makeup base that has sun protection on it.. and even in winter u still get rays from the sun.. that maybe even the colour out a bit
    If that's not it and it's roscea you have avoid soap.. just wash with water to not aggravate it

only moisturise the dry parts of ur face and use 2 different types of face mask for ur face.. like the oily skin mask on ur oily parts of ur face and the dry skin one on the dry parts...

• Try Neutrogena Products, which you can Buy and Try, in any Most any Store. These products are Great for all Sorts of Skin types, especially Combination Skin.
    Good luck. xx

• Caster oil or face scrubs/cleansers with charcoal. You can also try the matifying and purifying mask from Sephora. It has zinc and copper in it but it works well.

• I tried a lot of things but it didn't work so I end up seeing skin specialist. My skin is very sensitive.

• Castor oil. Just apply it to your face every night then wipe off any excess. Itll help with dryness and help prevent zits. Dont use face masks. They dont work at all. I would use skinceuticals Advanced Skin Discoloration Corrector. Its a bit pricy but anything that actually works will be.

• Use a water based moisturiser (my favourite is the Simple oil-balancing moisturiser or the Neutrogena water gel) and a foam cleanser when washing your face. If you wear makeup, don't use any makeup that's targetted at dry-combo skin and try to use as much powder as possible without looking cakey or making any lines more noticable. If you want, you could try a setting spray. Then use blotting sheets throughout the day (they're cheap and remove all the oil without taking your makeup off) it seems like a lot but it's not when you get into the routine of it and you really notice results. If your pores are big, there are plenty of products that aim to minimise pores, soap and glory makes amazing ones.

• Everyone's skin is the same really. Keep it clean, shave it, put perfume on it and cover some of it with pretty clothes.

• See a dermatologist if you want actual helpful answers. Everyone's skin is different.

• Oil control face primer

Is their a specific brand that you would recommend? I wash my face with an activated charcoal soap so it's not that oily but just different tones.

I personally have normal/dry skin.

However I love makeup, a couple months ago there was a lot of hype about the Nivea Shave Balm used as a primer. This is probably the cheapest option.

If you have access Black Radiance Complexion Perfection Primer has good reviews and contains kaolin clay.

Thank you!

• Castor oil, it's a cleansing method. You can check it if you type in Google or You Tube.

• Nosema (& a good toner)

• Try Yves rocher products

• I never had this issue, but a friend of mine who does uses make up to make their skin look more even.