Have you ever felt that you are the ugliest person in the world?

That YouTube video is an eye-opener. Apparently, the Korean girls do not see themselves as attractive. Ironically, I am jealous of their looks, especially the girl who says she has "chubby" cheeks. I wish I am that attractive. But then, I think the girls are wearing make-up. If I wear make-up, maybe I may appear attractive too. Hmmm. . .

I just think it's interesting to observe how attractive people don't see themselves as attractive. I have never really found myself very attractive. I'm not sure whether that's because I don't wear make-up at all, or that's because I just don't find myself attractive, or that's because I really am ugly. Anyway, no one, besides my mom, has complimented my appearance, so I would think that I really am ugly. *sigh* I still wish I have Teresa Teng's looks. But nope, I have to be stuck with my dad's nose and mouth.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never thought about myself as "the ugliest in the world." At minimum, I'm probably a 4, in general. Though, I typically think of myself as a 7. I sometimes think I'm "not attractive", but I never think I'm "ugly".

Though, it might have something to do with Asian humility. At least, if it were Japan, it would be kind of rude to talk well of yourself and state your superiority in whatever. You're always supposed to downplay your abilities and strengths and good points. Those who are different are targeted and dragged back down to the majority level. Might be the same in Korea. Although, chubby cheek girl did say that the big Western butts look "weird", so maybe it's not.

It is strange, though. The Japanese also like blonde hair and the blue/green/colorful eyes and everything. That's why in anime you see almost every character has colorful hair and eyes. I was so confused about it, when I first started watching anime. "Why do they make shows with white people as main characters?" But a Japanese dude told me it was just that they wished they looked like that: and that they are still Japanese characters. Quite a big compliment.

Apparently, white skin is also a beauty sign in a lot of Asian cultures: China and Japan, at least, I know. Porcelain skin has been seen as the height of attractiveness in China for, like a thousand years or something. That's where Geisha's come from, with the very, very overly white makeup. But, there's also a decent deal of admiration of the West in some Asian countries. I think Korea and Japan, namely. So that might skew their perspectives, and give them a bias towards Western looks.

Like Jackie Chan and his double lid surgery. :(

Dude. You should totally wear makeup. It's a free level up. Okay, not free. But it's a level up.

Those girls are almost all really attractive, though. And I'm not usually into Asian girls.

Ewwwwww. Apple butt.

"She must have saved a nation in her previous life to get D boobs." rofl.

But, in any case, everyone is going to be the hottest to at least one person out there. Or almost everyone. So, even if you think you're ugly, there's probably millions of people out there who think you're hot.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I've been getting called ugly most of my life, even by my own family. I've never been asked out by anyone. I always see the saying online: Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder but I feel that it doesn't apply to me. Why else would so many people tell me I am ugly and I look like a man. I live in a different city now than the town I grew up in. I barely know anyone here and they have the same opinion. So if so many people call me ugly it must be true. My little nephew once even asked me if I was a boy. He's still at such an innocent age that I feel this kind of confirms it. Little kids don't understand things like that.

What Guys Said 11

• In response to the video as I have been part of Korean culture.
    Korea is a HEAVILY materialistic country. No matter your skill, talent, knowledge, your appearance will dictate your initial success. Because of this, plastic surgery is a constant option, but if your height isn't in some range, you can't be hired in certain entertainment jobs. As a result, if you don't look a certain way, you have a higher chance of not being accepted, resulting in feeling ugly all the time.

For me, I believe I'm above average in physical attraction. However, that is subjective and heavily dependent on where I currently am demographically.

• I think Korean girls are adorable!! But they are so small, and seem so frail, I am afraid that I might 'break' them, as I am a Scandinavian Viking kind, a bigger, guy!!
    Korean ladies are much prettier than Chinese, and not so uptight as Japanese!

• Not since my teens

• ugly, yes... but not the ugliest person in the world

• LOL op is bluepilled. majority of girls actually know where they stand but many like to pretend they are ugly so people will tell "noo you are gorgeous :)" they do it becuase they want compliments not becuase they actually think they ugly. amazing how naive people are unable to realize this

no there actually are some pretty girls that think there ugly not many
      but some

@relaxrelax yea its called body dismorphia and its equal in men and women. again those are the outliers though. the overwhelming majority dont have that they just want attention

• I'm perfect

• if you want ugly in a man. look at my profile pic. but not too long some have actually got naseus and thrown up

• No. Just rather boring and overweight.

If you are overweight because of muscles, then that's good.

If you are overweight because of fat, then you should lose the fat and gain more muscle. You are still young. 28 years old. You should be in shape now, because the older you get, the harder it is for you to lose the fat.

• Not the ugliest in the world, no. Felt ugly sometimes but not the worse.

• Apple butt GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA since when did that replaced bubble butt 😂😂😂😂😂

• Sad to see all those cuties think theyre ugly.
    Or that they need surgery

What Girls Said 12

• So sad the polls... All you girls out there yas even you Pink anons. Y'all are beautiful you hear me. Fucking don't listen to society and their checklist for beauty. It's a bar so high no one can reach. It's just there. Don't conform into it. Be you! Love you! And others will too! ❤️

Lol I don't think I ever felt like I was the ugliest person In the world tho lol i mean I have felt ugly but not like that, that's just too much

• Yes, sometimes I have days in which I feel I am ugly. The worst part is when I'm standing under a bright light that highlights all of my facial flaws, such as in front of a bathroom mirror. I've learned to appreciate what I have though and love it, because it is what makes me who I am, and I love that this is my unique self and that no one else on the planet is exactly like me. This body was chosen specifically for me, and it is me. I also love everything I've inherited from my family, who I love very much. Even the flaws. They all came from people I love very much, and they're all a part of me as well. I just think that is so fascinating, and I wouldn't trade my body for anyone else's now.

• Yess

• Yes, but funnily enough I get this feeling when I feel like I've been particularly mean or nasty, so it has little to do with my appearance.

• Yes, I have felt that way before.

• I always think I was ugly before a lot of people keep telling me how pretty, cute, adorable I'm then I start thinking it too.

• I always knew there were uglier but I get what they mean about insecurities. But lmao, I like this vid they're all so charming.

• Sometimes I feek very ugly.

• Yes, I have

• well not sure about ugliest

• I'm sorry but for me all Korean girls look just the same

• yea :(
    i am curvy, i have big boobs (ddd) and girls often tell me they wish they had my boobs but i don't think guys like them as much as they say
    and i have brown eyes and brown hair and most guys dont like that
    forever alone ;(