Is hair an important part of physical attraction?

i don't have the nicest hair. its kind of damaged and medium length up to my shoulder...i tend to tie my hair up a lot to make it more manageable rather than using heat products to damage it even more...do guys get turned off by girls tying their hair up a lot? is she a no go just because she doesn't have long lustrous locks? my hair is long, just not thick and shiny all the time...

Most Helpful Guy

• up is fine. One of my ex's used to always apoligize after coming home from the gym because she "looked like sh*t" but shed have her hair up in this like spiky ponytail and it looked very sexy. I thoguht it actually looked better up like that than down.

Heres a link - more girls should do there hair like this. - Its hot

link

What Guys Said 8

• I might suggest talking to a good stylist and have him / her tell you what they think about length, style, cut, etc. I have always preferred short hair on a woman head if she has the shape face that allows her to wear short...It can be styled in a lot of different ways to compliment your face and features...Show your face if you have a pretty face...by pulling it back...many girls with a very pretty face and features take away from that by wearing their hair down and detracting from a nice face and features...

• Honestly, If a guy is going to ignore you just because your hair is tied up, that probably wouldn't end up being the healthiest relationship anyways. Every guy is different. And even though what Toban Frost said is true, it will change your overall appearance, there will be guys who prefer that. And there will be guys who aren't particularly interested in hair.

However, If you don't like your hair that's going to affect your confidence, and confidence is the overriding attractive factor. Maybe you could go to a salon or hair stylist, and see what they say about treating and styling your hair?

• Well really, it does change the way you look. It's not always going to matter but sometimes it does.

I know a girl who I think is beautiful. She has this long wavy red hair and it looks great, but personally I think she looks better with it down. When she has it up it's still nice but it's like something is missing. Her hair really compliments the way she looks when she does it up right, and lets it down. Another girl I know it's better for her when she has her hair short and out of her face. She has the most expressive face, and beautiful eyes, so it looks so much better when she has it short and out of the way. She just looks cute.

The point I am getting at here is that it really depends on the girl. How she looks and what she does with her hair, and sometimes the hair is not the most important thing about her looks. So yeah I'm sorry to tell you that it really is a case by case thing.

• Well in the case of you having thin hair, I suggest you just keep it short. If you have the right kind of haircut it can look really cute.

• Thank you so much! :) I agree...that makes sense...i have gotten haircuts before but after a few months it grows out again and I get so fed up I just tie it up...so I wasn't sure if men liked the messy sexy bun, or the librarian look or not...

• BTW if your hair looks like the girl in the picture then I'd say you don;t have that much to worry about in letting it down.

• I mean as long as it looks neat it should be fine. I don't really like super short hair like guys length cause then the girl looks like a guy sort of. Although some girls can rock that kind of hair and it looks hot.

• Thank u! I hate short hair too lol...i do have long hair its just its not silky and smooth

• Well it doesn't have to be perfect. Just not stringy, greasy or bed head haha

• the hair in that picture is perfect

hair is very imp.. but getting turned off jst bcuz its tied up is just silly,

• I am very big on a women's hair and face. That is what I look for first. The body is second in my book. Talk to a hair stylist and let her or him do what they think would look best on you. You would be surprised at what they can do. Have them suggest some product, and you will have that hair in no time.

• Hair is an important physical characteristic. It is the biggest characteristic feature that is visible most of the time. Focus more on your hair try to make it the best possible.

• post pic of your hair or someone who as your hair

What Girls Said 3

• The hair in the picture looks relatively healthy to me actually. Slightly damaged but not bad.

You can always heal your hair by moisturizing it well. I used to have a big split end problem (and I never ever used heat or chemicals in my hair) and now I do a lot to moisturize it constantly and it's much better. I have hardly a split end in sight.

• How do you get more volume though?

• My hair is really fine but a little curly. I don't know. I don't tend to worry about volume, even though I often don't have a whole lot of it.

You could try volumizing shampoos and conditioners, or getting your hair cut shorter in layers.

• hair is like the frame of the face and sadly with a boring or even ugly frame guys tend to look the other way. what I did when I was experiencing the same problem was get extentions and a ton of Aussie products and stopped using heat on my hair. now my hair is long full and beautiful again:) put if by shiny you mean greasy use less conditioner and more shampoo. conditioner tends to make the hair oily

• My problem is I have thin hair. I have looked into extensions but I'm more of the natural girl...i don't wanna get used to wearing extensions and then not wear it one day and have people raise eyebrows. I rather be natural than fake...u know what I mean...thats just my personal preference...i have a nice face...and I get what you're saying about hair being the frame...i will def look into aussie products thanks

• wow, the hair doesn't even look bad at all

id say not to worry about it

• Its always frizzy and limp and spli ends