How long does it take broken off hair to grow back to normal length? How can I make it grow faster?

I've always had shoulder length hair. Last year during my junior year I transfered schools and everyone was wearing their hair straight. So I traded in my usual ponytail for a straightened bob. To maintain my new look I flat ironed my hair pretty much everyday. Then my hair broke off just near my edges near where I usually part my hair on the side. Now the short hairs constantly stick up. I've dealt with it by pushing my hair back and putting a headband on it during the day, but it just seems like my hair isn't growing at all. I've been trying to take better care of my hair so I've been washing it weekly, deep conditioning, using a hair mask, I've reduced how much I flat iron my hair greatly, started using Jamaican black castor oil, coconut oil, and jojoba oil, and I bought a silk scarf, and satin bonnet to help my hair. It doesn't seem to be working though. Maybe I'm just being impatient because it's only been three weeks.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think you'll have very noticeable growth in three weeks. It just takes time. For me, I have to trim the dead ends off of mine to keep it growing instead of breaking off. You can try taking Biotin and see if that boosts your hair growth as well. You could also try a Hair, Skin & Nails vitamin to improve your hair's health. If you flat iron, make sure to use a good heat protectant and try to use a lower heat setting, or try to not go over your hair very many times with it. Since my individual strands are fine, I have a flyaway problem with short hairs sticking up (usually new growth in my case), and anti-frizz serums help with that. Even a very light amount of curl sculpting gel (I like the Garnier Fructise one in the green bottle) will hold them down without making it have too gelled of an appearance.

• Im sorry i always hate hair cuts but you need one. Just cut out the broken parts if you don't do that your hair not gonna grow fast that it does before. If you hate short hair you can wear a wig maybe? Lets be honest its not gonna grow in two days. But if you do this recipe your hair will grow faster. But again you need to cut broken parts. And dont not use any heat on your hair. Actually everyone is lookin good on their natural hair. Love your hair and relax. Stress is the main enemy of your beautiful hair. The more you love it the more it will be the perfect hair that you want.
    Argan oil
    Jojoba oil
    Coconut oil
    Almond oil
    Olive oil
    Grapeseed oil
    Avocado oil
    Mix them in a bowl just a little bit heat them you can use microwave. Cool it down your gonna put it in your dry hair. Flip your hair upside down. Brush it and massage your head where your hair grows. When your done massaging. Put strech film on your head. Heat will grow faster your hair. And a towel on your pillow. Sleep early you can leave it as long as you want 8 hours okay but you can leave it 12-14 hours. When you wake up take a shower. Put hair mask if you want. But dont forget to put after shower oil to your hair pantene, elseve a lot of brands has it. Don't wash your hair everyday. Shampoo is not a good thing for your hair. Don't Brush your hair everyday. Its not good too.

• biotin improves hair and nails growth and I think you can get it at any pharmacy, google it for more details 😊
    meanwhile you can get those hairs down with a brush and a blowdrier and just a bit of hairspray afterwards so they don't stick out again