Random people smile at me on the bus?

And I'm not just talking about guys - middle-aged women and men do it a lot too. I will just be sitting there listening to my music and some middle-aged woman will just smile at me out of no where. I notice that they study my face a lot and then smile...it's really weird. Guys do it too - but not like in a creepy way. I will just walk into the bus and these random people will study me really hard and then smile as if they like what they see...why do they do this? My friend said this : "they smile at you because you're beautiful. You have dark black hair and light green eyes that stand out so they are surprised to see such a rare mix and smile because you are attractive." ...I don't believe her though. What do you think? Has this ever happened to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• They probably think you look friendly. Don't you ever look around at the other people on the bus?

What Guys Said 1

• same thing happens to me...a few days ago some old lady smiled and stared at me on a train. weird

What Girls Said 3

• It happens to me. I assume it is because I look sweet? I agree with everyone else. People might do it because you look pretty and friendly. Or MAYBE!... Maybe you just live in a town where all the people who don't drive are especially happy.

• you're probably pretty and look friendly. it happens to me when I go out. I don't have a typical look either so that may have something to do with it.

• well, I'm a people watcher so I look at people and study them too. they probably smile cause you looked back at them and are trying to be not creepy. a lot of people smile out of habit when other people make eye contact with them.

• No but I can see them smiling at me from the corner of my eye, even if I never look at them..

• Oh. that's creepy then. I have no idea.

• Haha thanks anyways