Girls, should I wear cologne? And does a well dressed man ever come off as a douche?

I've been upping my style game. Maybe it's just me not being used to dressing nice, but I feel like if I don't look like garbage, that I will look like some kind of douchebag lol. I don't know, maybe it's just my brain trying to fight against me for changing things.

Also, as far as cologne goes, I'm at a loss. If I DO wear it, I'm only gonna put the tiniest bit on. But before I even do that I have to choose one or two. How da hell do I choose? Should I even wear it at all? Or should I only wear on dates or with whoever my so is or what? Help?

Most Helpful Girl

• I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO TELL YA.
    Cologne is bomb!!! Who doesn't love a great smelling guy, just don't wear ax oh lord, its overused. As for dressy, of course you wouldn't come off as a douche, its personality and actions that makes a person a douche, not what they were. If you went on a date for example and wore jeans and a baggy shirt it would make it seem like you didn't care about the date and you're a slob, dressing up and dressing classy provokes confidence and it makes you seem like you care about your appearance but not in a vain or conceited away, it makes you seem like you're on your game and you care about whatever event you're going to if you are. Get what i'm saying? But look good for yourself, not for other people, its a key rule to actual self confidence.

Most Helpful Guy

• One should always wear cologne and be properly dressed.

cologne is great for many reasons it's designed to not only smell nice but mix with your body chemistry and hormones which makes the cologne smell unique to you on a hormonal level giving you a signature scent so to speak this makes women are not only attracted to your scent but to the hormones your putting off. And the same applies to women's perfume.

One of my personal favorites is Fahrenheit by Christian Doir this is a legendary cologne from the 80s real macho type smelling stuff. And thanks to a huge number of complaints the company that makes this Doir, is going back to the original formula that made this one of the best scents ever made real lady killer cologne if you already got the rugged look.

But it smells like this.

This fragrance smells way more complex to just say it smells like "PETROL, or GASOLINE" This fragrance is very masculine but at the same time soft and refined. It is woody without smelling like a wood chipper. It is smoky without smelling like cigars. Extremely pleasant, yet risky and dangerous too. It smells like a man who is working on his car or motorcycle while wearing a leather jackets it's just like grease and leather I know it sounds kind of disgusting smelling but it smells great like post-modernity

It's just it's legendary for a reason hah I'll leave it at that ^^.

And you should always dress properly because a man who dresses good feels good and you look good. You don't have to wear like a 3 piece suit or something heavy in the summer or anything but dress good you know, fitted jeans no rips or tears not bagging at all with a good brown leather belt and a simple White T-shirt and like a leather jacket or good jacket if it's cold, or a nice shirt and pants and a cardigan.

Just dress to look good don't dress badly with oversized shirts and shirts, or ripped up pants that look like you got attacked by a wild animal, don't slouch, proper form back straight.

Also I saw your opinion below and yes Alpha M is pretty good.

Thanks a lot for the tips! Where do you spray your cologne?

No problem my friend and I spray it on the pulse points on the body were it will mix with my body chemistry and hormones the easiest and best it also lasts longer I believe if sprayed on those points.

And those are on the chest right above the clavicle, on the wrists/forearm and the site of the neck.

Just remember don't go overboard with the cologne.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes wear cologne & suites. o_o they're sexy AF!!!

Suites? lol, even to school or to the movies? What kind of cologne do you like?

Is there anything non suit related you like?

Well I like hipster clothing._. Like flannels... beanies and all that basic sh! t.

• Yes. Cologne is great. Instant turn on for me lol
    And no, being well dressed does not come off as douchey.

• Yes please wear Cologne I love it when a guy smells good 😍 don't go overboard though! It depends hmm sometimes layered fragrances smell good but you have to be careful.

Layered? That sounds complicated. Do you mean wearing two colognes at once? I think I'll keep it simple! lol. I actually ended up ordering some stuff hopefully it's ok =D

Be honest! lol, those are good? Or is it too much? >.<

No it's good

• Absolutely, we all love cologne :) To me, the more cologne, the better, lol.
    As for dressing nice, I can't speak for all girls, but I sure do like a guy who dresses nicely, and I don't think it comes off as "douchey". I love fashion, so it makes sense, a guy who wears nice clothes appeals to me. Of course I want a guy who dresses appropriately depending on the day/event/situation. He knows when to wear casual, classy, and sporty. Good looking casual or sporty clothes for everyday are spot on, right? ;)

I only have a few stylish pieces of clothing. I would buy more but I've lost a lot of weight and have more to go so I don't wanna get stuff too big for me that I won't be able to wear soon lol. But I am trying to have some stuff to wear so I don't have to look like crap until the day that I'm satisfied with my fitness and body.

Do what you've got to do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      It's good you have some stylish clothing, wear the most out of it if you can, don't waste it, lol. You lucky people trying to lose weight, I'm stuck at 99 lbs and it's complicated :(

• If you want to possibly be able to impress girls at all times, id wear cologne, but don't go overboard...

• Wear it, I love men who smell good. Classy.

• If you like wearing a cologne, do so.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes. Wear cologne. Yves saint laurent's la nuit de l'homme is a legendary fragrance to start with. Girls love that shit. You can YouTube "most complimented fragrances 2016" and you'll find a lot on that. And you looking well dressed is never bad. Go for it.
    Upgrade your style. Alpha M on YouTube is another guy that helps with those things.

Holy jesus is that the name of one cologne? lol. I do watch Alpha M, he's awesome! Thanks for the tips!

• I wear cologne every day, it's just a good thing to do. As far as dressing nicely, go for it, but keep a few things in mind. First, dressing nicely and dressing formally are not the same thing. A badly tailored sport coat is worth a lot less than a well fitting polo. Second, there will be people that don't like it. I've even have a girl say that she won't date me because the fact that I dress better than she does intimidates her.

• Lots of women like the cologne

• yes absolutely