Do hip-thigh tattoos hurt?

Do hip-thigh tattoos hurt?
Do these types of tattoos really hurt to get? I know all tattoos hurt but it it worse than getting them on other spots?

Most Helpful Guy

• Side of the hip Is not that painful but you have to take care of it while wearing clothes on. I had one on my side hip to my belly.

Most Helpful Girl

• Places with more evident bones will hurt more so it will be different in every body. Ribcage will hurt very badly because the ribs are so close. A tattoo on your asscheek won't hurt as bad, it's a sack of fat. But if the tat is on your hip that happens to be a bit slimmer and close to the pelvis it will probably hurt more. If you have more fat there then it will hurt a bit less.

I'm really skinny so I'm guessing it'll hurt more for me then? Why do they hurt when there's less skin?

Don't take my word for it I guess, it's just what I've heard and noticed over the years. Where bones are more evident i guess it might be more tender after its needle presses on it.

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah probably
    there's a cream for getting tattoos that reduces the pain
    Look it up

What Girls Said 3

• I'm guessing it will hurt less because there's some layer of fat there I have one on my finger and it hurt a lot cuz there was bone there.

• My thigh piece was probably my least painful besides the one behind my ear, that one felt like nothing. Most painful was probably on my sternum or arm.

For me the "tender" areas hurt way more than the bony areas.. in the pit of my arm and near that area was the worst.

• hurts more on places like your sides, (trust me hurts like HELL) and of course spine tattoos hurt to an extreme.