Do hip-thigh tattoos hurt?

Do hip-thigh tattoos hurt?
Do these types of tattoos really hurt to get? I know all tattoos hurt but it it worse than getting them on other spots?

0|1
4|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Side of the hip Is not that painful but you have to take care of it while wearing clothes on. I had one on my side hip to my belly.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Places with more evident bones will hurt more so it will be different in every body. Ribcage will hurt very badly because the ribs are so close. A tattoo on your asscheek won't hurt as bad, it's a sack of fat. But if the tat is on your hip that happens to be a bit slimmer and close to the pelvis it will probably hurt more. If you have more fat there then it will hurt a bit less.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I'm really skinny so I'm guessing it'll hurt more for me then? Why do they hurt when there's less skin?

• 1mo

Don't take my word for it I guess, it's just what I've heard and noticed over the years. Where bones are more evident i guess it might be more tender after its needle presses on it.

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah probably
    there's a cream for getting tattoos that reduces the pain
    Look it up

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I'm guessing it will hurt less because there's some layer of fat there I have one on my finger and it hurt a lot cuz there was bone there.

0|0
    0|0
  • My thigh piece was probably my least painful besides the one behind my ear, that one felt like nothing. Most painful was probably on my sternum or arm.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

For me the "tender" areas hurt way more than the bony areas.. in the pit of my arm and near that area was the worst.

• hurts more on places like your sides, (trust me hurts like HELL) and of course spine tattoos hurt to an extreme.

0|0
    0|0