Well... He actually sent it to my best friend. They were talking, and that boy said that she (my friend) is prettier, funnier and um, you get it... Then my best friend said that it is false. And then the boy said, that I'm actually not pretty... Um well... I would think that he is joking, if he would say it to me personally. But he has said it to my friend.
please, help me. I'm crying.
Most Helpful Guy
Most Helpful Girl
Here's the thing. I noticed you said you were 14 years old. So, there are a lot of factors here.
1) If you're 14 years old, then you, and even the boy are likely around an age where kids are just very known to be cruel and immature. So, what he said wasn't shocking.
2) He most likely really liked her and was just trying to impress her, and maybe have exaggerated. However, you don't impress a girl by saying her best friend is ugly; another indicator of immaturity.
3) Who is to say he's right? We all have strange definitions of what being fat, skinny, ugly, attractive, etc., is. It's an opinion.
4) You're 14 years old. People will look very goofy around this time in their lives becuase their bodies are not done growing. You can look childhood or yearbook pictures of celebrities and have a laugh. When I was this age, I wasn't fairly attractive at all, never got asked out, and one guy in my class did call me ugly, in front of a few classmates, and that really hurt me for the rest of the day. However, when I got into my twenties the men started flocking, especially when you have a a little more control over how you look. I had never been called "Queen" "Beautiful", etc in my life until I became an adult.
5) In some backwards minds of boys, the girls they like are sometimes the same girls they mistreat. So, he sent that to your best friend, which makes me wonder. I had this experience from the 8th to 9th grade with a boy who insisted in bothering me so much to the point where I had to report him to the disciplinary twice. It wasn't until I finally stood up to him by yelling at him in the hall that I had never seen him bother me again.
Listen, I know you're hurt. I can understand the tears. There are cruel people in this world. Honestly, I don't get why your best friend would tell you something like this, which it should have just been kept to herself. But, however way you found it, just cry it out, try to grieve through it. You have many many years to go in terms of growth. Who knows, you may even surprise him and get the last laugh. But other than that, kindly ask your friend to leave him out as topic of interest and ignore him however many ways you can.1