A boy called me ugly?

Well... He actually sent it to my best friend. They were talking, and that boy said that she (my friend) is prettier, funnier and um, you get it... Then my best friend said that it is false. And then the boy said, that I'm actually not pretty... Um well... I would think that he is joking, if he would say it to me personally. But he has said it to my friend.
please, help me. I'm crying.

1mo I am not being dramatic. I am not stupid. I don't only care about my looks, but... This is kind of stupid. I know.

Most Helpful Guy

• He was just saying that because he likes your friend and was trying to make her feel good, but he sounds like a dick
    I've been called ugly, but look, I got a hot girlfriend so apparently I'm attractive to someone.
    A guy out there finds you pretty, so don't let this get to you

Yeah... I think he might have been just trying to make your friend feel good...

Yes, that can be true, thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Here's the thing. I noticed you said you were 14 years old. So, there are a lot of factors here.

1) If you're 14 years old, then you, and even the boy are likely around an age where kids are just very known to be cruel and immature. So, what he said wasn't shocking.

2) He most likely really liked her and was just trying to impress her, and maybe have exaggerated. However, you don't impress a girl by saying her best friend is ugly; another indicator of immaturity.

3) Who is to say he's right? We all have strange definitions of what being fat, skinny, ugly, attractive, etc., is. It's an opinion.

4) You're 14 years old. People will look very goofy around this time in their lives becuase their bodies are not done growing. You can look childhood or yearbook pictures of celebrities and have a laugh. When I was this age, I wasn't fairly attractive at all, never got asked out, and one guy in my class did call me ugly, in front of a few classmates, and that really hurt me for the rest of the day. However, when I got into my twenties the men started flocking, especially when you have a a little more control over how you look. I had never been called "Queen" "Beautiful", etc in my life until I became an adult.

5) In some backwards minds of boys, the girls they like are sometimes the same girls they mistreat. So, he sent that to your best friend, which makes me wonder. I had this experience from the 8th to 9th grade with a boy who insisted in bothering me so much to the point where I had to report him to the disciplinary twice. It wasn't until I finally stood up to him by yelling at him in the hall that I had never seen him bother me again.

Listen, I know you're hurt. I can understand the tears. There are cruel people in this world. Honestly, I don't get why your best friend would tell you something like this, which it should have just been kept to herself. But, however way you found it, just cry it out, try to grieve through it. You have many many years to go in terms of growth. Who knows, you may even surprise him and get the last laugh. But other than that, kindly ask your friend to leave him out as topic of interest and ignore him however many ways you can.

Thank you ❤ Yes, I think that he likes her. And he is really immature. I know that. Some boys are just like little childs. My best friend told me that because I asked, kind of begged her. And to be honest, I am not even sorry. I like to know what people think about me. Even bad things.

What Guys Said 15

• Maybe you are unattractive? I mean, what do you wanna do, live in a life of lies? The fact is that nobody is perfect. Some are given brains, others are given looks... you just gotta accept what you don't have and live with it. You can cry all you want, but that's not gonna improve your situation.

Actually I am not. I am not unnattractive. I know that. I don't believe it, but I know that I am not that ugly.

@Omar5881 Yeah, it may hurt, but it is what it is. 99% of people need to learn to live with the body they were given, because they don't have the money to change it (and even if they did, most end up fucking it up).
      No one likes to be told they're ugly, but no one likes to be told they're an asshole... even if they're acting like an asshole.

You are what you are.

Exactly 👍👍👍👍

• I am sure you are lovely, it was just one boy's opinion, plenty of other boys out there

• Most guys are used to the fact that most women find them ugly, with you it was just one boy who said it, so I guess you can take consolation in that...

• Hahaha awww your teenage girls are cute...

Don't worry about it... He was just being a prick :-)

I know that I'm funny 😂 but I just really care about what other people say.

Hmmm well try not caring. . it won't hurt you

• Is it because you like him? : /

No, I don't. I have never liked, actually I kind of hate him. If a person I have a crush on would said that to me, I would cry much more. I don't care about my looks THAT much, but I care about it enough to get really sad.

You know you are smarter than that.
      2 People don't share the same brain ;)

Just remember that personalities are like colors and tonalities.
      Collect and keep the ones you like, safe them on your pocket.
      Other people will do the same and will not choose you, or they may choose you.

What matter's is... do your party with the ones that care about you and you aalso care :D

• trust me, i know how you feel, I've been called ugly many times.

You are not. Nobody is ugly.

your sweet, but trust me, im ugly, girls always ignored me. even tho I've been approached a few times, i still ended up rejected.

Don't worry. Girls are mean too sometimes.

• who cares what people think.. it shouldn't effect you in the least

I know... I just really care about that.

• He's dumb, forget him :)

I know that he is dumb. But I just can't forget that.

Then make it something funny to remember.

Probably I will. Thank you. I really mean it.

• Don't cry over him what does he know? You probably are very pretty.

• He has pussy deprivation, and blames any women he finds for that.

www.dravenstales.ch/.../...sy_magnetic-600x569.jpg

• attraction is opinion one guy might find u stunning and the other guy might find u a piece of shit

• little boys do that if they like you

He does not. I don't think so. I would rather think that he likes my friend.

I'm sure he likes you believe me

• Some people just don't find other people attractive. That's it.

• You know what to do OP. Start hitting the gym and get a nice body. Fix your hair and look up makeup tutorials on youtube.

http://i.imgur.com/VnWdKlS.jpg

My body is nice. Well, maybe it is not perfect, but I am confident about it. But I hate my face. My hair is ok, makeup maybe! I'm 14, so maybe I shouldn't use makeup too much.

• You can't honestly expect all guys to think you're attractive, that's unreasonable

Yes, true. But maybe all people find me unattractive? And are just too nice to tell the truth.

Highly doubt that

Yes, I know, maybe I'm just overthinking. Maybe.

What Girls Said 11

• Ignore it. There's lots of mean people around, you'll come across more than just him during your lifetime. Never judge yourself based on other people's opinion of you.

People say things like that to intentionally hurt others. It doesn't necessarily mean they genuinely think it's true what they've said , and it doesn't mean what they say is the actual truth either

• You DO realize that he's interested in your friend and wants to get on her good side and stroke her ego, right?

Yes, I do.

Okay. Just don't take it personally. You're just collateral damage in his wooing of your friend.

• Ignore it.
    Who is he to you? What has he done in life that deserves you minding his comment and having it affect you so much?

Probably the answer is: absolutely nothing.

So yeah, he's irrelevant and so are his comments.

Thank you. I know that. I've always kind of hated him. The thing is, I really care about what people say. I can't change it. But I will try to forget about it.😊 really, thank you.

• People get called ugly all the time suck it up

• Isn't it pathetic how he felt the need to put someone down in order to flatter and impress somebody else? He's just a twat.

I know that now. Many people are like that!

• Forget that little bitch. He's insignificant.

• Are you saying he told her that your ugly, but he told you you are pretty? If that's true then your friend is probably jealous and is lying to you.

No, my friend showed me screenshots. He hasn't said me that, but he had crush on me a long time ago.

So he said your ugly and she's pretty? What a asshole. Fuck guys.

• Just fogettaboutit, he ain't worth the time of day.

I know that he is stupid. But I can't stop thinking about it.

• Who cares if he called you ugly. Many people out there will either think you are pretty or ugly

• if you know you aren't ugly why are you crying? lol

• Ignore him