Does anyone else understand society's fascination with being tall and slim?

I honestly just don't get it, I honestly prefer girls with a lot of curves to them. When I see all these models that all look exactly the same, they have the same pose, hair, makeup as every other models. No one looks individual anymore more, just carbon copies of each other

Most Helpful Girl

• Models... literally the model human.
    Model of perfection.
    Everyone is chasing it. it's unatainable, it's unrealistic for most people... yet if it's possible, everyone would want to reach it.

(Not everyone, obviously...)

But how is it the model human? humans genetically come in all shapes and sizes, who decided that this the beacon of perfection?

Thank you for the mho!

welcome :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I suppose lots of people have different tastes - I know in the fashion world it is just as simple as that clothes hang easiest on them.

What Girls Said 13

• The fashion industry is ran by men mostly white gay men. Its probably some nordic beauty standard liking tall thin men. I mean southern europeans and eastern Europeans aren't tall and thin. Anyway, tall thin models are easier for gay men to understand because their body types are closer to a mans. And a lot of gay designers say they imagine the clothing they make on themselves. Ofcourse you have gay designers who genuinely enjoy the female body like D&G , givenchy, dior... YSL? Im not sure. And there are thogh a lot of hetero designers who where amazing at what they did.

• Im tall and slim but i dont see how society is fascinated with that, in fact everyone knows that most men prefer shorter women. Its a requirement for runway models but only because taller people model clothes better but not because they are better looking than shorter people. Setting aside what society thinks, I personally think being tall (and thin) is very pretty, and by tall i dont mean giant, i mean like around 2 inches more than average height

also you can be slim and have curves. I have curves despite being underweight (by curves i mean wide hips, not a large butt or boobs)

taller people only model clothes better bc the clothing is made to look better on taller people.

• Im pretty tall and slim and i hate it. People keep calling me "ruler" or they make fun of me for having no boobs, so I could ask the same thing. I dont understand why people would rather look like a ruler instead of super curvy. I would kill to be curvy

• It's not a fascination. It's mixed interest. I have just as many males fascinated with the curves than when I was extremely skinny and I'm avg height. 5 8

• It's girls getting greatly influenced by the fashion industries and many actresses with such figures. They work towards getting the famous chicks figures not embracing their own.

• I bet you don't understand society's fascination with eyebrows either 😂

• bc tall & thin is not the norm. people spend more money trying to look thin & tall if they are short & round.

• All women are beautiful but that type of woman does seem to be preferred in the modeling world

• Those models

• As a tall and slim person, NO.

• I have a body type of a model and height but I usually stand out from the crowd.

• They're just not your taste, that's all. Just like some guys don't understand how you like curves because they don't. To each their own. All women are beautiful :)

Are you taking about just girls? I personally see the attractiveness even more, even with men :)

• I'm short and thick with big boobs. I wouldn't want it any other way

What Guys Said 5