When buying clothes online is it safer to buy bigger or smaller sizes?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would do some research and see what the reputation of the brand is for sizing. In reality you won't know till you get it.

Most Helpful Girl

• The stores that I buy from usually mention how that specific piece fits, if it's a loose fit, tight fit, fits true to size etc. You should just look for that information somewhere on the article page. If you can't find it the descriptions of the model (this has to be on the page!) & the way it looks on her can also help give you an impression.

What Guys Said 2

• Why not buy your size?

I usually am between a S or a M but when I can't try it... thats a problem

its online

Yes but if it doesn't fit when you try it on at home.

• Just pick one, see how it works and return it if it doesn't

What Girls Said 8

• Sometimes... Smaller.
    I have Ordered many 'Clothes Online, and Found that they Have this Habit of being a Bit Big.
    Good luck. xx

how about anthropologie? im having a hard time making a decision. between a S and a M

I have a Medium in a top like this but it is from Walmart.
      Try a small and if it is too small, you can exchange it. Beautiful top!! xxoo

thanks :)

• I would look to see if they have a size chart and look at the reviews to see if it tends to run smaller, bigger, or true to size.

its mixed between bigger and true to size. I'm 160cm but I would like it flowy actually. Deciding between a S and a M. can you help me?

So, it looks like there's a regular and petite option. If you want it longer, but more fitted, I'd go with small regular instead of small petite.

ah... thanks i guess i get the S then... since most say it runs big

• always get bigger sizes cause Asian sizes run small... and while buying a larger one... you can still fix it

• Bigger. at least you can always have it taken in. Plus some of these online shops are chinese based and they tend to make clothes that fit 5 year olds sooo...

• depends on what it is and how big/small. but usually, it would be safer to buy clothes in a bit bigger size because you can always sew it to make it fit.

• Bigger, because I like it more loose and comfortable than tight

• I always read comments/reviews

• I usually buy them bigger. I consider it safer.