Is it a good idea to dye my hair at home after having it bleached professionally?

I really want to dye my hair pastel purple before Christmas, but i'm not exactly rich. I was thinking that maybe it would be cheaper to just go to the salon for a bleach job, and then dye it purple at home instead to cut back on the cost. is this a good idea? my hair is dark brown for those wondering so I definitely need to bleach it for the colour I'm going for.

also, does anyone know any good permanent/semi-permanent hair dye in crazy colours that won't wash out fast? or do I need to go to a salon for that, too? this is my first time dying my hair an unnatural colour that's lighter than my own so if anyone could give some advice about which shampoo to use, how to style coloured hair, it would be very appreciated. thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Crazy colors tend to wash out pretty quickly it's just the nature of them. Manic panic and directions are the dyes I've used. If you want it to last longer youd be best to go for a darker shade and have it fade to the pastel

Also few tips to make it last longer, when you shower wear a shower cap and wash your hair last with cold water it's horrible at first but you get use to it l. Also if you're using heat use a lot of heat protection spray

thanks for the info! it's appreciated <3

one more question, does the colour stay longer and better if you have straight/thin hair? my hair is really thick and wavy so I'm worried that it won't work properly or stay and i'll have to keep dyeing it every few days, lol.

I'm not sure my hair is quite thin, I think maybe you'll just need more dye to cover the excess so a couple punnets maybe. The longer you leave these ones on the better the results, there's no time limit as they don't have the chemicals like the box dyes do. I know people who have put it in then gone to bed and rinsed it out (with cold water) in the morning. Now I think that's a but excessive, I think after a couple hours your hair physically can soak up any more dye

What Guys Said 1

• For the first time I would go professional

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah why not, its easy to dye it different colours after you bleached it, it fades naturally (the colours) I'd recommend using a non permanent hair dye and mixing different purples then getting a conditioner for it, I've heard mixing your dye with your conditioner helps the upkeep.

• nope get it done professionally

• Right now I'm using a semi permanent dye by Ion it's pretty good and it says it lasts 6 washes. It's been over a month and it still hasn't completely washed out of my hair. I bought it at Sally's. I know Manic Panic would probably have the color you're looking for too. It comes already mixed and it isn't as damaging as regular dyes. It's some pretty good stuff. I highly recommend manic panic. Look it up, YouTube it :)

When I was bleaching my hair I was using quick white with 30 developer. Bought it at Sally's.

I recommend a deep conditioner for after you bleach it.

Ahhhh wish I could dye it for you😂😂😂 I love dyes.