Girls, do you find yourself acting this way?

This isn't really a question or something I need advice on, I just think it would be neat to hear input on this. I was thinking the other day about how "obsessed" (not really the right word) girls get when they really like a guy. Like on my way to school in the morning I swear I look in the pull down mirror at myself at least eight times. I am not vein or obsessed with myself, but I just want to look super nice for the guy I like. It's weird how our actions change. We spend so much time picking out the perfect outfit, matching it with jewelery and shoes. And the guy hardly notices,he probably notices and how and put together we are but not how we matched. And they don't even know how long we spend in front of the mirror, how many times we changed our outfit, just to look nice for them. Girls, do you find yourself acting like this when you like a guy?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am the same way. I take better care of myself and go to the gym more frequently when there is a guy on my mind. It's like I have all of this extra energy just thinking about him and I also want to look my best for him.

But I think guys do the same thing (in their own way of course). Like they make sure they get their shave nice and close when they meet you. Or they clean up their shoes or make sure their favorite shirt is clean for their date. We girls just have a lot more accessories (both bought and biological) that we want to attract men with and therefore we have to cover all of our bases which takes some extra time.

What Guys Said 1

• Some guys do appreciate it. : )

What Girls Said 13

• aha yeah its kind of funny how obsessed we get over guys and they don't even know it (well most of them dont). We get almost stalkerish. I liked this guy and I checked his myspace like twice a day just to check his comments and make sure no one was hitting on him lol. I do the whole outfit thing to. When I like a guy I will actually spend the time to pick out an outfit the night before school just so I can look my best for him. They really don't notice it though and the ones that do, only notice that we look nice, not that we are doing it for them.

• That's very interesting. I used to do that before, in high school.

But as I grew up, I noticed it didn't matter anymore, and I started looking good because I want to look good. Not for anyone. Just for me.

My Boyfriend gets upset sometimes when he sees me getting ready and looking pretty to go out. He thinks I'm trying to look good for other men.

When I take care of myself or pamper myself like that, or take a couple of minutes to look good, and dress nice, it makes me feel good. I feel pretty and confident.

So my answer to your question would be no, I don't act that way for a guy I like, and wouldn't act like that for any guy :)

• Honestly, I never really did that. I just kinda always dressed for myself and made sure I looked decent. But, I think that guys do notice and they just make it look like they don't. If you spend that much time and effort into looking good for a guy - its bound to be worth it. If it helps you in anyway, a chick I knew had a massive crush on my guy friend - she did all that you have described here and he definetly noticed. He'd just point out her shoes to me or her shirt and state how she looked different. But, he never actually told the girl that. So, I am pretty sure they notice and doesn't wanna let you know (especially if they don't know you or don't know you like them).

• The thing is, they do notice. I've always gotten more attention from guys when I've had nice clothes that match and flatter my figure. I think they just don't realize that part of what they are noticing is the clothes, the makeup, and the jewelry.

• I do fuss a little until I become more comfortable with the guy. Then I get into a routine of how I want to look and it's easy. Mostly, I just fuss in general. I make sure my shirt fits well, pants don't ride up, shoes go well and are comfortable, and my hair is styled for even the worse weather.

But, I have found that it's part of being a female too. :-D

• Wow that sounds exactly like me! lol There hasn't been a time when I haven't liked a guy so I'm always doing that now. And does anyone else do this too.like when you like him and you know where he'll be or when he'll walk by so you'll look for him? I tend to do that a lot. Like after school I'll remember he's supposed to walk by at a certain time so I'll look for him.

• Haha I do that too, and most of the time I don't even really think about it!

I just find myself looking for him, and then I get embarrassed because I feel like a stalker or something :x

• Yeah I don't know what I'm scared of! lol

• Let me know how it goes :)

• yes. all the time.

when I first started going out with my boyfriend, I made sure I wore something cute and blah blah blah. but now that we've been going out for a while I stop caring because he is mine and I don't care if he doesn't like what I'm wearing.

• It's kinda natural methinks, especially with the first few relationships

• I've never done that. I don't think it's in my nature to do that. Guys do notice on some level though. I have a friend who does that when she likes a guy. When she walks by them, they do a double take.

• Yea but m thing is that they don't even know how long it took us to look that good, or how well everything fits together. They just know we look good haha

• Some probably think we are born that way haha

• Older guys know though. Like the ones who wait for their GFs to get ready.. they know lol

• Well I used to be like this before I got my boyfriend. He actually doesn't care.when I'm in a lazy mood.i don't wear make up.and he doesn't care. But yes, when I had a huge crush on this guy that worked with me.(well at least in the department right next to mine) before talking to him I would go to the fitting rooms.check out my hair, the make up ,and suck in the tummy (of course). HAHA I can't believe how I was. But yeah, I can't believe that a lot of girls as a whole do this!

=]

• Yes! I totally always do that. Especially now, every day is a case of getting some outfit out of my wardrobe! I really really doubt he ever notices .

• I have never liked/been with a guy who attends my school or anything. I only see the guy I currently like every weekend or so and that's how it usually is for me. So, I kind of do, but I like to think that if he likes me too he won't care too much how I look, and I start to notice flaws when I spend too much time in front of the mirror.

• Yeah I do, whenever I know I'm gonna see the guy I like, (we're good friends, so I see him like everyday, and still do all that), I make sure I pick out a really cute outfit, and I make sure I do my makeup even if its an 8am class with him, knowing we're barely gonna talk and we'll just be half asleep lol. And the other day, he surprised me by just showing up in my room, didn't even knock, just walked in and tapped me on the shoulder, and I was just like chilling in sweats and a t-shirt, no makeup, etc. But he honestly didn't even seem to notice a difference, he seemed just as attracted as when I feel I'm at my best. But I do it all anyways, not sure why.