Is "big boned" a real thing? Can I achieve that naturally?

Is there such a thing as big boned?
I'm a slender woman at 5'8
34c cup
size 5-7 jeans
but I wish I was fuller/thicker
I can't achieve that naturally?

Most Helpful Guy

• "Big boned" is real thing, like being heavily muscled. It's why BMI is just a guideline for obesity determination. Three body types, endomorph, mesomorph and ectomorph. Real basically, stocky, normal, thin.

By fuller/thicker you mean in the butt and thighs, I'm guessing. You can build muscle or get fatter - that's it. You sound perfect. What's the problem, how much do you weigh?

Oh, look at the size of people's wrists. You can see if they're big boned, notice the differences, and you'll realize.

I weigh 148
      I just want wider shoulders and bigger boobs

Your weight is excellent, BMI normal. It's easy to make your shoulders wider by mass building yor deltoids:

www.bodybuilding.com/.../...a-beginners-guide.html

It really works. As far as the boobs, go you can build the underlying chest muscles, "pecs". That's what the "Mark Eden" program was all about, but it's unlikely you'll be able to build big enough pecs for your boob goals. Aren't they fine? Really. But the good news is you can widen your shoulders, for real.

"The Answer: In a word, yes, there really is such a thing as being big boned—but it's not a medical term, and it's not always used correctly. First, the facts. Within the range of normal, some people's bones have a bigger circumference than others' relative to their respective heights." - you beauty. com

But it's true that it's often used as an excuse for being thick or fat, as most are replying.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is a real thing but it's not as big of a deal that people say it is. And it won't make you look thicker or fuller.

What Guys Said 12

• your body is your body. just achieve the best of what you can and be happy with that. while you are wishing you were something else, someone else is wishing they were you at your best.

• I mean I'm big boned as in I have wide shoulders for my height (not fat). The only way you can really be big boned is by stature for the most part.

• well big bones are a thing actually, usually big boned is synonomous with fat because fat people try to find excuses as to why theyre fat

actual big bones relate to your bone structure frame, for instance my wrists/forearms being bigger than some peoples necks is because of bone structure, same with broad shoulders, you can't change genetics

but if you just wanna get thicker then you can just workout, that'll put mass on, probably the mass you're looking for

• Yes. I've met people with small bone structures and others with bigger bone structures. A far person is still fat though

You can be thicker but you have to diet and hot the gym if you want to do it right. Othetwise, you'll just get fatter.

• "Big boned" = fat.
    You can get fat if you eat a lot.

• Big boned is not a thing. Being built larger naturally is. You'd be better off embracing who and how you are.

• Biologically men have more bone mass so I think this applies only to men unless a woman takes a lot of testosterone.

The only healthy way that I know of that could help you is to develop natural muscle mass by strength training.

• You gotta work out. Do not work out with weights (like at a gym) as it is very bad for you.

Why not with weights

Recovery or rest is part of the process, it's for recuperating, when the muscles grow. A good example is a stone mason, who lifts heavy weight all day. He's strong as hell, but not built like a bodybuilder, because lack of recuperation. Get it?

You really no nothing about working out / bodybuilding. Techniques, diet, mass building vs cutting up and how and why it works. So, no big deal. Learn something.

• Yes. By working out. You would build muscle which is good weight. Don't be afraid of free weights. Do weighted squats, with an empty bars, learn how to do squats on youtube so you don't hurt yourself. Good form is important.

• You sound like you look amazing why do you want to change?

I want bigger breasts I guess

Well I'm sure you look great just the way you are but good luck.

Thanks :)

• Slight Weight gain + toning

• big boned is just the politically correct way of saying 'fat'.. its not a thing

What Girls Said 3

• nope either you're big boned or NOT

• no. it's better to be thin.

• Yes because I am bigger built than most girls. I have broad shoulders

Are you curvy

@Aqualung well I appologize for the lack of knowledge. I wasn't specifically saying that but it's my fault because I wasn't being specific.

No, not at all. I apologize for beating this fallen horse.