Is it true that certain foods and vitamins would help with hair growth?

I mean, have it worked for you? Or is it just science articles to get views to those websites and make money from ads?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Certain foods and vitamins can help on improving your hair condition which can result in healthier hair. Your hair won't have many split ends and it won't break off as often and that will give you the impression of it growing faster.
    Protein, omega-3, biotin, vitamin A and B, iron and overall a healthy diet can help in improving the condition of your hair.
    Various oils can also help a lot like castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil and argan oil. I usually use them as a hair mask along with avocado and/or eggs and a little honey. Those combinations can make the hair look so soft and shiny.

Most Helpful Guy

• I drink lots of milk (8 cups per day), and my hair grows insanely fast. It's probably grown almost ten inches since the beginning of 2016.

I know calcium helps with bone growth, so I'm drinking this much milk in hopes of getting taller; it might have a similar effect on hair growth.

What Girls Said 6

• Castor oil helps with hair growth.

I know a healthy diet in general helps with hair health, but not growth, although I did notice that when I was eating egg whites every morning for a month, my hair was thicker and longer than when I wasn't eating them at all.

• Prenatal vitamins help with hair, nails, and teeth. It probably won't give you more hair, but it will help keep the hair you do have healthy.

• eating good food yes,,... supplements NO ( had biotin for like 6 months and it did nothing)

• applying castor oil helps with hair growth
    not sure about certain foods or vitamins
    though having a protein rich, iron rich, and overall healthy diet helps maintain healthy hair while vitamins provide insurance it stays that way

• They help me.
    My hair used to break off, but now it doesn't because of my hair skin & nail pills.
    Whenever I stop taking them, my hair gets shitty and unhealthy.

• Yes, biotin !

What Guys Said 2

• I'm not sure about that. I know vegetables and protein can make it look a lot healthier. Because that's what it's made of.

• I never did any of that
    I just washed. You hair once a week a day kept it in different hair styles