WILL THIS DAMAGE MY HAIR?

Today i Applied some oilve oil in my hair to make it healthier and to add moisture to my dry ass hair but then i quickly regretted it cause my hair got soo greasy. So i have to wash it. The problem is i already washed it yesterday and the day before. So basically, im washing fmy hair for three days in a row. Now, normally i dont wash my Hair daily let alone three days in a row, i usually skip three days and then wash and so this week I've been washing it a lot, once i wash my hair today though i will return to my normal hair washing routine. WILL THREE DAYS OF WASHING HAIR DAMAGE MY HAIR OR DOES IT HAVE TO BE EVERDAY FOR A LONG TIME TO NOTICE THE DAMAGE OF CONSTANT HAIR WASHING?

Most Helpful Guy

• i have done that too and I've had the same problem here is what helped me out:

get a lemon, cut it in half and squeeze it out in a glass, add an equal amount of water to the glass so it is 50% water and 50% lemon juice. then massage the mixture into your hair and scalp. then wash it off with really hot water and you should be good. you can repeat the process if all the grease is not gone.

lemon juice and hot water are good remedies for grease, it will get the olive oil out of your hair just as it did for mine.

What Guys Said 2

• As soon as you get your hair back to where you want it - Give your hair a rest and wash it very sparingly then I think it return to normal, undamaged is my guess.

• yes, damage your hair.

What Girls Said 11

• Your hair will be fine. Only washing it every day long term will do damage. Also, if you use a decent amount of olive oil in your hair (leaving it in for 30-45min) and then wash it, it is super healthy for your hair. You might have to wash your hair twice, but it will do wonders for your hair. Also, if you put barely any oil on your hands and work it through your hair, avoiding the top, it should help it not be so dry (if you're not going to wash your hair after putting oil in it use very little).

• So I'm guessing that since you wait three days your hair is curly. Curly hair really isn't as sensitive as you think it is, so it's fine that you washed it like that. If it becomes a habit or if you washed it without putting some sort of moisture in it afterwards, that could cause damage quickly.

• Try coconut oil for dry hair. It works wonders

• I think you're supposed to leave the coconut/olive oil in then wash it out. Like a mask and it won't do much damage by washing your hair too much just for a week. I did use to wash my hair every weekday and it made my hair very poofy and frizzy, also very dry. It became a lot better when I stopped washing my hair as much and started letting it air dry 😊

• No, it won't but if you keep doing it constantly it eventually will. You don't want to strip away the natural oils of your hair. If you're worried the olive oil will make your hair too greasy, narrow the treatment to once a week or use a clarifying shampoo along with apple cider vinegar rinse each time you have olive oil on.

• just don't do it again... cause your hair is dry already

• You'll be fine.

• Nah you'll be fine

• No it's fine. When you add the olive oil to your hair it is a treatment that needs to be washed out. So your best bet is to do this treatment on a day that you plan to wash your hair.

• It isn't kind to it but it will be okay.

• Nah, it won't hurt it. If you continued with it, you might see a change, but 3 days is nothing.