I need help with my formal outfit?

So my year 10 formal is coming up and I only have a dress. I am thinking black heels and a black clutch. But honestly I have no idea. I also need to think about jewellery. Any suggestions of what things would go well with my dress would be appreciated. Thanks bro! X
I need help with my formal outfit?
(I won't be wearing these shoes)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Honey. When you buy dresses it's a good rule of thumb to make sure they don't look like you're wearing a wrinkled skin sack and you can't fall out of them.

You have such pretty skin and hair. Wouldn't it be nicer if you could wear a dress that showed them off and let you move instead of being a cheap linen disaster? What about purple or aqua or gold or even pink? Those would be much nicer

If by some unfortunate twist of fate you *have* to use that dress I'd think about gold and maybe pearl accents? Anything to bring some sort of color out of the situation. Look how your black hairtie just sucks up the color and makes you washed out. Not ideal.

What Guys Said 8

• This dress is not the right one for the occasion. It is not at all formal and breasts are getting all the attention. For a school function this dress is completely unacceptable. But to go for a dance at a night club , it will look very sexy.

• I think shoes and clutch the colour of shoes you are wearing in pic might be nice then simple earings, necklace and bracelet

• I think black heels and a clutch would go well with it, also a nice necklace would look great and earrings.

• Mirin your beautiful painting on the wall OP.

• I'd suggest a necklace and maybe a bracelet or 2, there is not much else honestly you are incredibly gorgeous as it is... you don't need much else to be beautiful ;)

• black heels would look good with that dress, and any small and decent earrings would look good

• It comes down to what you like, ultimately. We can't really decide for you. That's what makes you, you. Your CHOICES

• What is 10 year formal?

What Girls Said 17

• I think black shoes and jewelry will work if all you accessories are black. You could go with a gold theme as well (with nude heels that match your dress). Basically if all your accessories have a color theme in a metallic or neutral color it should look good.

• I'd honestly be very concerned with how you are going to dance at all without a nip slip or accidentally flashing someone in some way.

Ya... its a little to low cut id have to agree with Maiiread

Yeah I am getting that sorted out, that is a concern. I also can't and won't dance so it will be fine :)

• Its a pale dress on a pale skin, so go for contrast. Black is very good. Why not a black scarf to contrast the top, or otherwise black jewelry.

• Lol hell to the no!
    Ain t flattering at all
    It doesn t fit your figure at all and it s loose everywhere including the boob area.
    Plus the color is meh and plain

• That's not a formal dress. Like not a formal dress at all, that's pretty close to the least formal type of dress there is actually..

• That's really not a formal dress it's something you'd wear to a club. It's too sexy and slutty for a formal.

Forget what would go with it and start thinking about what dress you can find!!

• not my cup of tea, I like dark blues or dark greens better than tan. For some reason I am already tan so a light tan makes me feel like I'm really dark and I don't like that. I think dark blue and dark green compliments my skin tone better. It depends on your personal taste but it is not for me. You have a nice body by the way.

• a statement necklace... bracelets and a clutch

• Definitely not school appropriate. Try something that covers you boobs more. And get a dress that compliments your skin. You would definitely look flattering and your esteem will be boosted also.

• Looks more like a club dress not a formal one. You need something that covers you more.

• Hun I know that's a nice dress but not for this occasion.
    What are your fav colours?
    With black you can't go wrong ofc. White is a bit risque cuz it can get stained easily as any other light colour can

Blue is definitely my favorite color. Very simple yet exotic. Looks like an ocean that you would see in your dreams. I highly recommend 🙂

@dnbfilmmaker Blue is my fav too, I recommend it also

• You can check online. There are many nice dresses out there for formal wear. I think you'd look good in a very nice red dress.

• Lose the dress, it looks like a burlap sack. You can do so much better!

• Iron that dress
    make your makeup subtle, but if you want a smoky eye won't look bad
    necklace
    straighten your hair, and make it more slick
    black heels & a black clutch would look alright since black looks good with anything

• This dress is like a sexyish nightgown, get a real formal dress!

• I'm thinking white heels and white clutch or bag. Also it looks great.

• Gorj dress but I agree, for school try a more floor length dress but it's a beaut colour. X