Does contour really make a difference?

I have a really chubby face so I don't think my fat will go away with contour compared to somoeone who doesn't have any fat! Will contour help me?

Most Helpful Guy

• It does make a difference. Trust me I know. I'm a woman. NOT!

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest, if you go to a makeup counter at a store, they'll happily give you a tutorial. For contour, it's best you get a lesson, save up for the best products and get people's honest opinions on weather it looks good. Otherwise you may end up looking drag or it may increase your face size even more, it's probably more useful if you get a haircut. Good luck anyway

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 20

• yeeessss it does, but contouring can be tricky. Contour doesn't make your fat goes away, it appears to do so, and the reason contouring exists is for that reason - people with round/chubby faces not really people with already chiseled jawlines and bony facial structures. Whats the harm in doing so? If you don't like it, you don't have to do it anymore. I suggest going to Nordstrom and getting your makeup done, you don't have to pay if you buy an item, so if you end up liking it, by the contour (powder is better than the liquid contour in my opinion) also ask for tips, and the brush you use to contour is just as important!!!

• Well the shape of your face won't but you can try to accentuate things you like and play down things you don't. It's like choosing clothes that flatter you.

• Yes it does. You just need to find the right technique for method for your face.

If you see in my picture, I have contoured, and I have a naturally rounder face.

• visually yes

• Contour isn't about making your fat disappear, it's about bringing out your natural bone structure. If you do it right, contour flatters everyone, so you should try it! If you like it, stick with it, and if you don't, that's fine too. And love, having a chubby face is so gorgeous, so don't attempt to contour it all away. I have one too and I love my cheeks :)

• not less chubby but it will appear to have more shape to it, but then getting contour to look natural is hard to do

• in my opinion, i think the difference can only be seen more in pics than in real life.

• Yes, it can make a huge difference, but I don't do it because I'm lazy and perfectly happy with my face how it is.

• Yes it will help some

• How about you just lose weight? Lol

As if it was that easy! Would you like to give some tips?

• it won't go away but makes a world of difference it's amazing

• Some, yeah. Makeup is magic tbh when used correctly!

• Makeup always helps i think 😅

• Yes, it does. Try it and see the difference by yourself. Good luck.

• in my opinion it doesn't I have been taught by a make up professional but when it does define something it is obvious you have contoured maybe on a night out because youd be in the dark

• my friends can work magic with it but i think it takes too much effort.

• you need to lose weight in the face

• You'd be surprised it actually does add a narrowness to a person's face

• It sort of does.

• not really it will only make you look fake, a healthy diet and exercising will help tho