Would you rather be attractive or intelligent?

If you had to be one or the other, would you want to be attractive (beautiful/hot for a girl, handsome/sexy for a guy) or smart?

And why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• defiantly intelligent, looks will only take you so far and looks fade..for me there something very sexy about smart people

being intelligent means you have the world at your feet...

peace,

• Even though you butchered definitely I still got the intent. Good answer.

• Haha I sure did, my bad .......*Definitely

What Guys Said 4

• Intelligent... I don't think my life would be meaningful is I was just pretty and stupid (although it would probably be more fun).

• Blissful happiness vs sentient malcontent. Having always been aware of myself and my world, I don't think I would want to give up that freedom even for happiness. What could would it do if I couldn't feel and understand the way I do now?

• Intelligence by far. Being a handsome airhead would be meaningless.

• Intelligence defeats or matches all other imaginable traits in almost all situations.

What Girls Said 4

• Intelligent. Looks fade, it would be stupid to choose to be attractive and dumb, because after a while it won't even matter, and then you'll be stuck being an idiot. ;) Intelligence matters in the long run, even though you would probably get a lot of sh*t for being ugly/smart, I'm sure your overall life experience would be more...meaningful?

• I think I'll go for being smart, because looking good does always count but how a person adresses themselves is very impressive to the next person. And showing how smart you are can get you the dream job you've always wanted. I'm a little of both, I have to look good ,and I show that I'm smart, and it feels great.

• As someone who is considered smart, I'd definitely attractive.

Actually, I don't even need to be attractive. I just want to stop being smart. I'm sick of being smart. Stupider people are happier people.

• It sounds shallow but I would rather be attractive. I think in today's society looks are valued over genius. It's easier to go through life being attractive than smart; you have a lot more opportunities presented to you. And for me personally, attractive people have it much easier. :/