Am I too stubborn for not wanting to wear make up?

I refuse to wear makeup because I want guys to like me for the real me, but it's kind of frustrating when the girls with the make up are the ones getting most of the attention. Without makeup I'm attractive in more of a down to earth cute way. I think with make up I can be more "hot", but I feel like that's fake. I've actually had guys react like they were all into me when I was dressed up and had make up on, but then act disappointed when they saw me on another day, when I had no make up, had my hair just pulled back and wearing just jeans and a t-shirt. That felt bad, but instead of wanting to wear make up and dress up all the time, I went the other way to show my real self. I figure if they're not into the real me then it would never work out anyway. Am I being too stubborn?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you're being stubborn. You're just being who you are, and you're comfortable with your natural appearance. I find that confidence you have to be very, very appealing. And it's not that I mind a little bit of make up tastefully applied. I have no problem with that. But a girl's natural attractiveness is SO much better than a ton of caked on make up.

Most Helpful Girl

• If any guy on here says "be natural" that is BULLSHIT. Which is why they pay attention caked on girls with makeup. You're like my sister, she refuses to wear it too.

But a way you can avoid most of the makeup is just wear mascara, lipstick or lipgloss or chap stick with color. A little bit of blush and look decent in clothes and hair. That is it. You don't need to look like a fake whore. That's what I do when I'm feeling lazy to put on makeup. And no you're not being stubborn.

The guys are the dumbasses who pick the idiots with makeup and then later want a natural girl. ...

What Guys Said 10

• I prefer girls who wear no makeup. Don't get me wrong a girl can certainly make herself look great with it and it is nice when everyone does themselves up once in a while, but I prefer a natural look. No makeup and sweats always wins me over rather than a cakeface in a tight black dress and heels.

So no, you are not being to stubborn. You are doing what makes you feel comfortable and there are tons of guys who will totally go for that look.

• I think you should stay in what feels real to you

• No. I actually have a thing for girls that don't wear makeup. Natural beauty. 👌🏼
    Makes them a lot more attractive to me.

My sister is a makeup artist and after seeing all the before and afters, it made me not trust make up even more lol

• good on you taking your own path and besides make up damages your skin in the long term

• Because some are used to make up and make up has made girls "more attractive" for years so they think the most attractive option is the thing they should strive for.

• If you're cute then just ask someone out

• I like a girl that doesn't feel like wearing makeup

I'm sorry but you're a liar. Guys don't look at girls unless she's wearing makeup.

Well then I suppose if you put it that way then I can't really argue. Since you seem to have a valid point of using it yourself.

@Sephora_Addict Actually I've had boyfriends who never asked me to wear make up so not all guys like it now that I think about it.

• It doesn't really matter.

• Hey, you do you, I'll do me

• Lol this proves how guys lie when they say no make up or the like. You be you ok if you don't want to wear it then don't that's fine.

What Girls Said 19

• No, you're not. I am the same way.

Dressing up and make up is a choice on how we want to present ourselves to the world... but it is also deeply connected to how we feel about ourselves.

For a long time, I refused to dress up, and I refused to wear make up, because I wanted a guy to like me for the real me... but after I tried it and was more confident, I realized I didn't because I was afraid I wouldn't be good enough to wear make up... How much more horrible would I feel if I were rejected with it on? Or what if I could never take it off because they fell in love with the "painted" me?

I do dress up now, and I like it. I feel more confident, and I like the person I put myself out as. But I do not wear makeup. It is a pain in the ass seeing other girls drenched in make up get more attention... but always remember, a lot of them are too insecure to go out without it.

I started wearing boots and button up blouses because I felt like they brought out the real me: collected, forthright, and feminine. The purpose of clothing/make up isn't to make others love us... it is to help us love ourselves, and allow that inner beauty a chance to be show cased. Why? Because people are shallow... but don't let their superficialty keep you from wearing what you want. No matter how caked-on you are, no decent guy is going to stick around if you are a snobby bitch. Dressing up doesn't make you fake. It simply gives you more of an opportunity to showcase the real you.

If you don't want to wear make up, then be confident in it and don't let girls who wear make up bother you... they can need it if they need to. Personally, I take extra care of my face so I don't need make up.

But don't let any insecurities keep you from wearing it either... You're not any less you with it on, than without it. People might see you differently, but make up can never permanently cover up who you are. And they will eventually see that, too.

• Girllll, no, first off, makeup doesn't make you fake. Makeup accentuates your features, its low key there to make you look better. So naturally, a man will probably find you more attractive with makeup depending on his taste, whether he knows you're wearing it or not. I think you're taking it too far with the whole "want him to like me for me" because you're still you with makeup, its not a mask, a shield, its an accessory. And most guys honestly don't even notice you're wearing it.

• You pretty much summed me up as well. I hardly do wear make up. And usually when I get asked out, it is when I am all caked up. Then when I show up on a date wearing minimal make up to none, they become less interested.

But just be you. The right guy will stick around regardless.

• "The best thing a girl can wear is a smile." If you are more confident without makeup, then by all means carry on. There are different guys out there that want different things. Some like a girl made up and others don't. You will attract a guy that's right for you. I was ultra natural when I met my husband, then later on I find out I really liked makeup. He thinks I'm beautiful either way :).

• Nope. It's a smart decision, at least the way I see it. Attract the kind of people who are into the real you, not the person that can be created with makeup...
    I do this myself quite often. Not so much on purpose as due to laziness to put on mascara and eyeshadow at 5 in the morning before work. Haha

• I am also like this and I don't believe you are being stubborn. I feel proud to embrace my natural beauty and not feel the need to present myself as something I'm not to please people. I love me the way I am and anyone who has any possibility of loving me has to first like me like this too.

• I don't wear makeup at all, beside a bit of eyeliner and maybe mascara, and for the exact same reason. I still get a lot of attention... so maybe try dressing different or a different hairstyle minus the makeup... worked for me...

• Its your choice and the best make-up is the one who is almost invisible, but still enhances your strong points and hides or reduces your weak points. Only few people know how to apply correctly, so your life is a lot easier.

• its all up to you

• Nah girl, you do you, and I completely respect where you're coming from. I don't wear makeup often either.

• Well actually makeup doesn't make you look fake so don't go there. Also it's your choice if you wanna wear makeup, if you don't wanna, don't wear it. Don't feel bad

• No. You do you

• No, I completely understand you and I agree with you better to show who you are and attract the right people

• Nope your being you, and you can do whatever the hell you want
    *Fistbump*

• Guys are visual creatures. Use makeup to lure them in and once you have them don't wear makeup

• Umm nooo

• You do as you wish. Some of us just don't give a rats ass if he doesn't like us without makeup, that's his loss.

• I'm the same as you. Anybody can get done up and get attention, not just anybody can win a guy over by who she is.

• definetly not. i dont wear makeup either and i experience the same thing as you. though maybe its because I'm terrible at doing my makeup and because it makes me look uglier (personally i think so)