What is your definition of beauty?

Guys, what is your view on girls who wear tons of make up vs girls who go for the natural look?
Girls, what are the reasons as to why you wear make up?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would rather the natural look, as you get to see the REAL person. Too much makeup looks awful.

I can understand that makeup may help highlight beauty, but it also hides the human-like attributes that I like about the natural look. It shows that the person also has flaws.

If the person wears too much makeup, it looks horrible, and it shows that the person is insecure.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• i personally prefer natural. which doesn´t mean that you´re automatically beautiful to me, if you´re natural, cause my definition of beauty is just my very own preference, not some PC bullshit :D

• I prefer the natural look. I think a little make up (tastefully applied) looks good. But I don't care for the heavy pancake look.

• Beauty (noun)
    1- a combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight

2- a beautiful or pleasing thing or person, in particular

• I prefer the light or no make up look

• If you hit the gym you don't need fucking make up

• Like natural beauty with a little makeup and the golden ratio.

• I prefer natural looking girls... Lipstick is OK but other stuff like mascara and a bunch of powders and shit is a turn off...

• I don't think women need makeup if they are physically fit. Women are naturally beautiful, women are so lucky that they are beautiful.

• I like plain looking girls also some girls look good with make up
    I like a girl with a beautiful personality and likes to smile and
    can get along with others well.

• I prefer a natural woman 5 & under without make-up over a woman that looks like super model in make-up then when she washes it off she looks like Mike Tyson.

• Something healthy.

• The reason to wear make up is to attract many guys or cover up blemishes. If she has no blemish she will go out with no make ups and she will still attract guys

• 0|0
  • I do like natural beauty but it doesn't hurt to have a little around the eyes to enhance your look but caked on just looks bad, but symmetry is what really defines what is attractive or not

What Girls Said 12

• I wear makeup because I like to cover some acne scars I have. The scars just get in the way of who I am as a person. I only wear foundation, blush, and mascara. The blush and foundation makes me feel feminine and confident.

• I wear a lot of makeup. my boyfriend tells me to tone it down & a lot of people say I have natural beauty. but the thing is, (1) I like to try things. glitter eye shadows, different colors for my skin tone. and (2) if guys like the natural look better like most of you say, then how come when I go out without any makeup no one tries to talk to me, but when I'm done up lots of men try to talk to me. I don't get it

• natural look

• I wear makeup because I look too innocent and vulnerable without it lol. With my eyeliner and full face on it looks like i'm ready to cut a bitch so I feel safer, like no one can fuck with me. But without my makeup I feel like a target. (I am aware this sounds like utter nonsense but I'm weird k.)

• I hardly wear makeup, and when I do, the only reason for it is to make all the marks all over my face less visible

• Beauty is symmetry and proportionate features with good coloring.

• Someone that looks good.

• Confidence is beautiful to me no matter how they look.

• Beauty is genetics

• I wear makeup coz I wanna

• I desire to have a perfect face; perfect skin. I used to be severely bullied from elementary to early high school and the bullies mostly attacked me on the way I looked. So basically I am self-conscious about myself in a few ways.. especially whenever acne comes out of nowhere, or just small flaws i see myself and i feel like i should cover them up.

• Makeup is so much more than just to make you look pretty , some wear it for confidence some wear it because they feel they need to, and some wear it just because they want to because they like it , but at the end of the day everybody is pretty with and without makeup