How do I go about my new schools body modification policies?

So my old school had no dress code so I could do whatever I wanted there.
But my new school has a no piercing, no stretched ear, no tattoo policy. I can remove my piercings and dye my hair back and wear long sleeves to cover my tattoos (not sure how I'll do that in the summer), but I can't really close up my stretched ears even tho they aren't that big.
Im 18 too so can they even mandate I look a certain way?
How do I go about my new schools body modification policies?How do I go about my dilemma?


Most Helpful Guy

  • its weird some employers are very open to piercings and tattoo's in general but is other places that won't allow anything , I can recall a couple girls who worked at golf courses and they wouldn't even allow a cartilage piercing or a small nose stud.
    I know around here there is a catholic school that has a dress code and I think pretty much all the girls that go there over the years always seem to have there belly button pierced maybe its cause they can hide it under there uniform easily. I don't know if they allow other piercings


Most Helpful Girl

  • if it's a private school then they can do whatever they want. They can set any kinds of rules, pick and choose which students to accept.

    If it's a public school I'm not sure they can force you to change piercings, unless there is something offensive about them (like, you can't wear swastika earrings even to a public school. Or they can say your earrings are too distracting. But the holes themselves you can't change.)

    I think you should go to the office and talk to them about it. Show them that you are willing to follow their rules by taking out the piercings and dying your hair, but just show them that even with the earring out there still will be a big hole there.


What Guys Said 2

  • Only thing you cannot do is take the plugs/tunnels out.. I mean you had them prior to this so what can they really do.

  • Speak to your school counselor.


What Girls Said 1

  • Talk to the vice principal or whoever deals with the dresscode and see what they say.