Why do all body standards say to be thin you have to be beautiful?

I think I'm beautiful and I'm not thin and I'm happy with my body. Why do all magazines and everything have size 2 models when I feel I'm just as beautiful with a size 14.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are not healthy , how can you be beautiful? Doctors say a person having a BMI of 18.5 to 24.9 is healthy. But models who are projected as beautiful all have a BMI below 18.5. Some Doctors consider a BMI of 17.5 to be Anorexic.(with severe health deficiency). Most models have a BMI of 15 to 16 , which is considered as clinically underweight. Celebrities are a little bit heavier with a BMI of 17 to 20. When models say , "I like to be skinny" women try to jump in and accept their word to be truth. This is called RIPPLE EFFECT. We believe what the other person says is true , because their in a position to dictate what we should look like. The top three model , Adrianna Lima (17.6 BMI) , Alssandro Ambrosio (16.3 BMI) and Swanepoel (17.7 BMI) are all dangerously underweight. They are not curvy but they are posed as curvy. Their thighs are not strong and their arms and legs are very thin and bony. Their elbows are very sharp. And their ribs show too much. Such women are projected as beautiful. With make up and lighting their faces are shown as round and youthful. Their breasts are padded two sizer higher to show as if they have healthy BMI. And they always pose in a perfect pose. We are deceived by what is shown and projected about these women in the media and advertisements. I don't believe in these fabricated standards of beauty. How can one who is not healthy be beautiful?

Most Helpful Girl

• because everything is fake, airbrushed or lighting! you should be happy with yourself and your body your beautiful, if you compare yourself to others you'll get no where

What Guys Said 9

• That's mostly a media/industry standard that has arisen in recent years and it is not fair. Out in the regular world I think many guys are a lot more forgiving than the media/industry lead women to believe. That girl in the picture looks good the way she is 👍🏻

• Okay, lets pretend there is a perfect word that signifies a person's value...

Every day, people used that word BUT only for the people who signified that value. Perfect formula right? word = value

Now lets throw in thousands of years of word origin and etymology practices...
    The word has been thrown around so much, that basically one could argue it only means, there is a lack of problems... no incongruences... close to no flaws... she is beautiful, wonderful, elegant, etc.

Point is: These characters are in no way saying that she is "of the utmost in beauty."

Someone could look at you and be like, "oh damn, she's flawless. Beautiful."
    Or
    Someone might be thinking, "damn her teeth are too straight... the snaggletooth over there is more beautiful"

At the end of the day, are you really going to give a damn?

• because mags over exaggerate things and lie to sell you a product, and if thats you in the pic your perfectly beautiful so dont worry about it.

• Given that these magazines are made by women about what they think what guys think kinda gives you an indicator of the problem... especially given how impressionable and illogical women tend to be... may sound sexist, but you know it's true. Moreover, being a healthy size should always be encouraged considering we should strive to have a healthy lifestyle and not be exposed to diabetes and shit. Just like you find a fit guy way hotter than a fat dude

• You are right - You look beautiful - I think there has been a more body positive outlook lately

• its not strictly true anymore thanks to meghan trainor and alike and there are lots of plus size models now too so be patient. things dont happen overnight and it is changing
    not that i agree with it...;)

• you are thin. maybe not by "cover girl" standards but thatĀ“s not made for humans anways !

• Things do change going through waves of slightly more slim vs slightly more hourglass.

Of course the reason models today are dress sizes that didn't exist generations ago is that the sizes themselves have changed.

• Fuck off with this feminist bullshit you know you're gorgeous.

Yes I do know I am.
      I am gorgeous and big which is even better.

What Girls Said 7

• Its time dependant. Nowadays that is the standard, but it was different and it will change again. And if that is you in the pic, you have a normal body, so keep it. You look perfect to me

• You're still pretty thin. But I do agree, you are very beautiful!

• There's a lot of girls who are very pretty and not a size 4. Like me for instancešŸ˜„

But, there's a limit.

www.returnofkings.com/.../Fat-Woman-11.jpeg

Im not saying girls her size are hideous, or bad people either. But if everyone is "sexy" just cause they'll be offended if you tell them the truth, then there's no standard. There's no reason to even bother trying to be healthy and exercise if everyone is forced to think everyone is sexy regardless of what they look like. That's nonsense.

• i agree with you!!!

• You are beautiful and I'm sure you know it. You've got curves that these toothpick models will never get to experience! They are a false representation of what to look like. What you look like on the outside does not determine how healthy you are on the inside!

• Your body is amazing don't change it.

• I think you're more beautiful then those skinny girls you go girl