Why do girls care so much what another girl looks like be it good or bad?

I go to uni, I look different, sometimes I wear makeup sometimes I don't, sometimes I wear glasses sometimes I don't, yet most of the time I get mostly negative comments on my appearance from other girls. Like leave me alone, I know I don't look like a princess but I really don't care, I come here to study so just let me get on with my business.

0|0
3|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people care about how they look. They compare themselves constantly to other in order to gauge themselves. They want to look better than the next person. They want to know who they look better than in order to feel superior, and they want to know who looks better so they can try harder.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• They live talking about people or criticizing other girls which is pathetic tbh. 😒

I love what you said " Like leave me alone, I know I don't look like a princess but I really don't care, I come here to study so just let me get on with my business. " exactly what I think also XD

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• People compare themselves, male and female, to those around them. That's how fashion forms and trends exist.

0|0
    0|0
  • Competition

0|0
    0|0
  • They can't help themselves, girls are very caddy and do that all the time

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• That's really weird that people are commenting on your appearance. Honestly I think it's quite out of the ordinary. Does your university exclusively accept rude people? I go to an all-girls college and you can tell that none of us care how we look around each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • i've gotten mean comments too... i don't really care

0|0
    0|0