Girls what are your favorite types of swim suits?

i have been buying swim suits for the past month. its getting out of control as always but I just bought three more a few minutes ago. xD

can you have enough of them? I mean really? I probably just have shopping issues but I digress.

so do you like one pieces, banded bikinis, string bikinis, halter bikini tops, bandeau tops, cut out one pieces, etc. ?

is there any color or pattern that you tend to like in your swim suits?

i guess the men can answer too about what they like and I guess what they like to wear...lol

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 1

• If a girl / woman has the body for it...she should or could wear just about any kind of bathing suit...the briefer the better if the body matches.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm really into the monokinis right now. Especially one's that are getting creative with the fabrics. I'm not a huge fan of patterns, but I know they do well to hide 'flaws'. I don't think the high waisted 'bikinis' are going to stay in style for too long. So I wouldn't invest in one of those. Stick with something that flatters your body type... although I've never really seen a good tankini pulled off... I think that's just a cheater, either go for a one piece or bikini.

>if you find a good tankini, link me ~ cause I have yet to be impressed : P

• Yeah I hate tankinis lol I like very retro high waisted bottoms sometimes but other than that I wear regular bikinis or monokinis ( I love that word lol)

• I like mainly bikinis, there are a couple one pieces I like but for the most part, meh...

I like the ones that are kind of pinup-inspired. Like: link (but without the high waisted bottoms)

I really like retro patterns, and floral.

I love shopping for them, haha, cause they're all really cute. ;P

• Me too :) I like the one pieces in that style too though. they flatter my curvy shape in a more subtle way. I like the high waisted deal sometimes but it can look odd in a bikini.

i bought this 2 pc. one a while ago.

http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Swimwear/The+Betty+Two+Piece

it was pricey but I loved it. I was worried about my butt looking odd in it, because I have a round butt with wider hips but it looks fab actually. summer needs to get here already!! x)

• I love looking at bikinis, but I never wear them (I don't have the body for them and I fully accept that!). Mostly I wear one-pieces, but it's hard to find them because I have a really long torso. Tankinis are also good, but it's hard to find tops that are long enough =/

• I don't wear bathing suits (don't wear them and it's harder for people to make you go in the water) but when I do it's usually a bikini. One with a boring bottom but a really pretty top, that way people are hopefully not paying too much attention to my tummy-thigh area, lol.

• i like boy shorts for the bottom

• I like different swimsuits, but one-piece is what I wear. I just bought a tankini that comes low, so it is easier to wear but still covers up. I like polka-dots and halters (straight straps are really plain).

A lot of girls don't know that there isn't anything wrong with one-pieces. They think one-pieces are for swimmers, moms, and old ladies... But if you have the body, you can look just as good in it as you can in bikinis. In fact, some one-pieces can accentuate your curves even more-so.

I usually own 2-3 swimsuits at one time.