Do you think this hairstyle is stylish or not?

I know what you're thinking: What is an undercut?
Do you think this hairstyle is stylish or not?An undercut refers to when a portion of the hair is shaved, and is usually a buzz cut. Most commonly it is done in the nape area, or where the neck meets the hairline.

I've noticed a lot of girls at my school getting it done and I've always wondered why. I personally wouldn't cut my hair off willingly, but you know people have free will and can do what they want with their hair.
Men get this done too and I think it looks good but I am specifically referring to women in thjs question. Do you think this looks good? And girls, would you ever style your hair this way?

More photos:

• I love it! 😍
  • I like it. 😊
  • I'm neutral about it. 😶
  • I don't particularly like it. 😒
  • I hate it. 😡

Most Helpful Guy

• I think its too high maintence for what it is. You have to go the hairdresser every 2 weeks to get it done, thats a lot of money on a yearly basis for what it is.

Everyone I know with an undercut just has a friend -- or a sibling or a parent -- do the weekly maintenance with a clipper. They don't go to a salon/barber shop any more often than anyone else.

@redeyemindtricks i think older women are better at pulling it off than younger ones. I find it also looks good on women who work out and if they are really tall, it has kind of an amazon warrior feel to it which is sexy.

ahha I'm 6'2" <3 <3 :*

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't like it at all

What Guys Said 30

• I don't dig it. I like the one where one side is shaved, though not every woman can pull it off.
    Natalie Dormer definitely pulled it off:
    media2.onsugar.com/.../Natalie-Dormer.jpg

Such a commitment tho

I mean... If she ever decides to grow that back out, I don't see how that would even be possible -- unless she *first* cut the whole thing equally short (like, into a pixie with the undercut all around), and then went through the whole process of growing short hair back out.

I'm having a hard time even *imagining* what it would look like with just that one side of her head grown back out to the "awkward stage", and the other side super long... lol.

@redeyemindtricks Yeah, I've also wondered how the heck would it grow back, but hey... still looks hot xD

• No, it's not at stylish, none of them are. All of them look very messy to me. That's only my opinion

• dont' dislike it. don't really like it.

• Meh it's alright I guess doesn't make to much sense to get it since you'll only ever see it if your hair is in a bun.

• Voted I don't particularly like it, but that's just my opinion.

• Seems eccentric.

• 2|0
  • I think it is fantastic

• Oh GAWD no 😖

• now that I look closer at it, it reminds me of crop circles.

• Hell no

• No not really. It looks sorta good on these girls becayss they've had professionals work on them

• naah, dont like it

• Why make hair thinner? The more hair the better.

• I get the feeling it would itch/tickle/sweat. It looks cool, for sure.

• Noooo thank you.

• Well it is cool looking. Ieveryobe has their own tast. Jist be you.

• Bad idea :P

• I don't care but i vote "don't particularly like it" because it looks to me that you go to parties a lot and sucks everything with a breezer.
    I wouldn't mind if you leave hair long with an undercut but showing it means "sucking and partying" to me.

• I hate it.

• I like it. I think that's pretty cool. And you can hide it if u want to.

• I think it looks cool actually

• hell no.

• Yeah, it looks like it's stylish.

• eh it's not bad but I almost always prefer hair down on girl

• Seems cool, why not? I like the last one more.

• I think it's okay. Depends on the design. I like the 3rd and 5th

• I always found long hair sexy. Makes women more feminine I guess?

• A few girls did that when I was in high school or around that time too. I've always found it very unattractive pretty much. It reminds me of a guy.

• If you like it, Might as well do it. It's not like a haircut is permanent anyways.

What Girls Said 39

• I wouldn't personally get it done because from behind, I'm sorry if this isn't pc, but the person looks like a pin head.
    *microcephaly*
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...e7c7f720d8.jpg

• I think the 2nd and last photos look kinda cool, so I guess it depends on the design. I would never get it done personally though.
    I just wonder how it will look when the shaved part starts growing back, like will it be all uneven? And how often would you need to get it redone?

• "AD for Definitely a "No Go."
    Not my Style, but to be Fair, it Might be another's Hair.
    Good luck and Thank you for the Kind Invite. xx

• I get it done, but not in any stylish way, just to make the way I get the rest of my hair cut look more in place.

I usually get my hair cut in either a pixie style, or just short.
    If I had the guts to do it myself without fear of cutting an ear off, I'd shave my head myself.

@redeyemindtricks One of the Youtubers I watch, his name is Domics, he does animations of stories from his life, he cuts his own hair with a blade.
      Just imagine the steady hand required for that! And he's like your brother, doesn't need a single mirror.

Once I move into my own place, I'll definitely be creating a set up so I can cut my own hair, save so much money doing that!

I just like the excuse to have even more mirrors in my house, tbh #fuckyeahhealthynarcissism

• Maybe some people may like it but it is not stylish or classy for sure.

• I'm not a fan of it to be honest. So far I've never actually seen it here tho, shaved hair from the side is something I've seen but not down the neck one 🙉

• Not a fan.

• I don't particularly like it. It looks like a masculine style, so it suits men better. I personally wouldn't get this done.

• It's stylish but I don't like it😅

• I like it but I would never get it. I like my long hair even though I shed more than my dog.

• I don't like it

• Some of the designs are pretty cool. I personally wouldn't do it tho.

• I love the second one. Others - not so much.

• It's ugly asf.

• Eh, I don't care one way or the other about it. Personally, I'd never do it and I think it'd only look good on certain people.

• I think it's cute but not something I would do, my hair is finally growing I can't see myself doing an undercut.

• I think it looks awesome! Only some people can pull it off!. When they do it's super pretty. Personally I wouldn't get it only because when it grows out it'll be all ugly and uneven. Which means I'd have to keep cutting it and that's such a hassle.

• The girl in the second photo... Her color scheme is gorgeous. Like, wow.

• I've shaved my whole head before. It's only hair, it grows back!

• I like it on some people, it depends on the individual.

• That is so fucking ugly 😂😂

• not bad. it looks interesting. i sure wish my hair was longer.

• I liked the last one only

• Not a fan.
    Must look silly when you wanna grow the hair back out lmao

• I don't like it

• I like it

• I like it a lot.

• i think its diffy!! but i wouldn't do it on my hair.

• I don't really like the haircut. A lot of people at my school have it.

• It's cool and edgy but not the look I'd go for.

• More from Girls
    9