Do you think this hairstyle is stylish or not?

I know what you're thinking: What is an undercut?
Do you think this hairstyle is stylish or not?An undercut refers to when a portion of the hair is shaved, and is usually a buzz cut. Most commonly it is done in the nape area, or where the neck meets the hairline.

I've noticed a lot of girls at my school getting it done and I've always wondered why. I personally wouldn't cut my hair off willingly, but you know people have free will and can do what they want with their hair.
Men get this done too and I think it looks good but I am specifically referring to women in thjs question. Do you think this looks good? And girls, would you ever style your hair this way?

More photos:

• I love it! 😍
    17% (18)9% (6)14% (24)Vote
  • I like it. 😊
    13% (14)16% (11)14% (25)Vote
  • I'm neutral about it. 😶
    21% (22)19% (13)20% (35)Vote
  • I don't particularly like it. 😒
    29% (30)28% (19)28% (49)Vote
  • I hate it. 😡
    20% (21)28% (20)24% (41)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
40|31

Most Helpful Guy

• I think its too high maintence for what it is. You have to go the hairdresser every 2 weeks to get it done, thats a lot of money on a yearly basis for what it is.

5|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Everyone I know with an undercut just has a friend -- or a sibling or a parent -- do the weekly maintenance with a clipper. They don't go to a salon/barber shop any more often than anyone else.

• Show All
    • 1mo

@redeyemindtricks i think older women are better at pulling it off than younger ones. I find it also looks good on women who work out and if they are really tall, it has kind of an amazon warrior feel to it which is sexy.

• 1mo

ahha I'm 6'2" <3 <3 :*

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't like it at all

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 30

• I don't dig it. I like the one where one side is shaved, though not every woman can pull it off.
    Natalie Dormer definitely pulled it off:
    media2.onsugar.com/.../Natalie-Dormer.jpg

1|0
    1|0
    • 1mo

Such a commitment tho

I mean... If she ever decides to grow that back out, I don't see how that would even be possible -- unless she *first* cut the whole thing equally short (like, into a pixie with the undercut all around), and then went through the whole process of growing short hair back out.

I'm having a hard time even *imagining* what it would look like with just that one side of her head grown back out to the "awkward stage", and the other side super long... lol.

• 1mo

@redeyemindtricks Yeah, I've also wondered how the heck would it grow back, but hey... still looks hot xD

• No, it's not at stylish, none of them are. All of them look very messy to me. That's only my opinion

1|0
    0|0
  • dont' dislike it. don't really like it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Meh it's alright I guess doesn't make to much sense to get it since you'll only ever see it if your hair is in a bun.

1|0
    0|0
  • Voted I don't particularly like it, but that's just my opinion.

2|0
    0|0
  • Seems eccentric.

1|0
    0|0
  • 2|0
    0|0
  • I think it is fantastic

1|0
    1|0
  • Oh GAWD no 😖

2|1
    1|0
  • now that I look closer at it, it reminds me of crop circles.

2|1
    0|0
  • Hell no

2|1
    0|0
  • No not really. It looks sorta good on these girls becayss they've had professionals work on them

2|0
    0|0
  • naah, dont like it

2|0
    0|0
  • Why make hair thinner? The more hair the better.

2|1
    0|0
  • I get the feeling it would itch/tickle/sweat. It looks cool, for sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • Noooo thank you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well it is cool looking. Ieveryobe has their own tast. Jist be you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Bad idea :P

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't care but i vote "don't particularly like it" because it looks to me that you go to parties a lot and sucks everything with a breezer.
    I wouldn't mind if you leave hair long with an undercut but showing it means "sucking and partying" to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like it. I think that's pretty cool. And you can hide it if u want to.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it looks cool actually

1|0
    0|0
  • hell no.

3|0
    1|0
  • Yeah, it looks like it's stylish.

1|0
    0|0
  • eh it's not bad but I almost always prefer hair down on girl

1|0
    0|0
  • Seems cool, why not? I like the last one more.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's okay. Depends on the design. I like the 3rd and 5th

1|0
    0|0
  • I always found long hair sexy. Makes women more feminine I guess?

2|0
    1|0
  • A few girls did that when I was in high school or around that time too. I've always found it very unattractive pretty much. It reminds me of a guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you like it, Might as well do it. It's not like a haircut is permanent anyways.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 39

• I wouldn't personally get it done because from behind, I'm sorry if this isn't pc, but the person looks like a pin head.
    *microcephaly*
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...e7c7f720d8.jpg

3|0
    0|0
  • I think the 2nd and last photos look kinda cool, so I guess it depends on the design. I would never get it done personally though.
    I just wonder how it will look when the shaved part starts growing back, like will it be all uneven? And how often would you need to get it redone?

1|1
    0|0
  • "AD for Definitely a "No Go."
    Not my Style, but to be Fair, it Might be another's Hair.
    Good luck and Thank you for the Kind Invite. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • I get it done, but not in any stylish way, just to make the way I get the rest of my hair cut look more in place.

I usually get my hair cut in either a pixie style, or just short.
    If I had the guts to do it myself without fear of cutting an ear off, I'd shave my head myself.

1|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • 1mo

@redeyemindtricks One of the Youtubers I watch, his name is Domics, he does animations of stories from his life, he cuts his own hair with a blade.
      Just imagine the steady hand required for that! And he's like your brother, doesn't need a single mirror.

Once I move into my own place, I'll definitely be creating a set up so I can cut my own hair, save so much money doing that!

• 1mo

I just like the excuse to have even more mirrors in my house, tbh #fuckyeahhealthynarcissism

• Maybe some people may like it but it is not stylish or classy for sure.

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm not a fan of it to be honest. So far I've never actually seen it here tho, shaved hair from the side is something I've seen but not down the neck one 🙉

1|1
    0|0
  • Not a fan.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't particularly like it. It looks like a masculine style, so it suits men better. I personally wouldn't get this done.

1|0
    1|0
  • It's stylish but I don't like it😅

1|1
    0|0
  • I like it but I would never get it. I like my long hair even though I shed more than my dog.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't like it

1|0
    0|0
  • Some of the designs are pretty cool. I personally wouldn't do it tho.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love the second one. Others - not so much.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's ugly asf.

3|1
    0|0
  • Eh, I don't care one way or the other about it. Personally, I'd never do it and I think it'd only look good on certain people.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's cute but not something I would do, my hair is finally growing I can't see myself doing an undercut.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it looks awesome! Only some people can pull it off!. When they do it's super pretty. Personally I wouldn't get it only because when it grows out it'll be all ugly and uneven. Which means I'd have to keep cutting it and that's such a hassle.

1|0
    0|0
  • The girl in the second photo... Her color scheme is gorgeous. Like, wow.

2|0
    0|1
  • I've shaved my whole head before. It's only hair, it grows back!

1|0
    0|1
  • I like it on some people, it depends on the individual.

1|0
    0|0
  • That is so fucking ugly 😂😂

3|0
    0|0
  • not bad. it looks interesting. i sure wish my hair was longer.

1|0
    0|0
  • I liked the last one only

1|0
    0|0
  • Not a fan.
    Must look silly when you wanna grow the hair back out lmao

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like it

1|0
    0|0
  • I like it

1|0
    0|0
  • I like it a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • i think its diffy!! but i wouldn't do it on my hair.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really like the haircut. A lot of people at my school have it.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's cool and edgy but not the look I'd go for.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls