Does anyone find dressing professional annoying?

I dont like dressing professional. I have a job that requires me to wear a blazer and its not comfortable at all. I like more casual dress: flare yoga pants, or skinny pants with a tshirt or hoodie. Nothing to dressy. What are your thought on professional dress? Does it make you comfortable?

What Guys Said 13

• Me!!! I absolutely hate it. I found there dress pants that are like jogging pants online. You could never tell by looking at them. They cost $100 a pair. I don't wanna fork out the cash for them. Hopefully they'll come down in price in a few years. They are currently out of stock.
    This is how they look
    static6.betabrands.com/.../...jogger_pants_4_2.jpg

• 29d

Yeah, even in a small photo, those do not look like a normal suit.

• 29d

@0112358 not supposed to be suit pants. just dress pants you'd wear with a open collared shirt or something.

• Yeah it sucks... especially wearing dress pants/shirts in 90+ degree weather, when the humidity is off the charts. That's why lately, when the weekend comes around, I just usually wear gym shorts and a loose fitting shirt when nothing's really going on... It's niceee lol.

• unfortunately most everyone has to do it, only good thing is, everyone you work with has to do it... so at least you are not alone.

• I hate ironing clothing and wearing long sleeves and especially a jacket in the heat sucks. It doesn't really bother me to wear professional clothing though.

• Yeah unfortunately sometimes there is dress codes in jobs that are not totally to our tastes.

• That's odd, most women seem to enjoy dressing in office attire. Im with you, shit blows. Very uncomfortable.

• I think I look awful in a suit. I hate it.
    I usually wear tshirts, hoodies, flannels. And jeans or sweat pants.

• i have a job that requires me to wear overalls and steel toe cap boots... i dont go out like it or wear it at home but work is work

• I am fortunate to work in an organization that requires business attire and I love it. I absolutely dislike the concept of business casual in professional organizations. Unfortunately, rules for women are not too firm.

• I prefer it. I look better in it I think. People can definitely be overdressed for certain jobs though

• Dress for the job you want.

• While it's slightly easier to dress in jeans and hoodies, my suits are comfortable. But you need to spend more on formal clothes to get stuff tailored well that fits right.

• I think she looks her best when she looks like that though

What Girls Said 13

• I agree, it's incredibly uncomfortable. I think that's mainly to do with the fact that the quality of professional clothing have gone down dramatically. Not many people make enough, even when they are required to dress professionally, to afford good quality professional clothes.

Most suits are now made of polyester or some other fabric which is scratchy and not breathable at all. So you have to sit in that all day long.

If you have anything about you at all that is not 'typical' ie. You are tall or petite or have a larger bust. Then the clothes won't fit you well at all.

It sucks and there aren't a whole lot of options. I remember when Wal-mart used to sell nice dress pants. They used to have cotton and wool blends! They don't anymore. Now they just sell somewhat stretchy, polyester pants that break down after a couple washes.

• I understand-everyone's different. I do happen to enjoy it, though. I work in a business office and it's expected that men are to be in suits, while the women wear a skirt and blazer, or dress and heels. Dress slacks are ok too, as long as you're in heels.

• My job requires me to wear professional clothing during certain days of the week because I deal with clients and agencies. I'm just thankful I don't have to wear professional clothing for 5 days a week, that would really suck 😑

• The horror of wearing heels... but I like people to make an effort to look good to go to work rather than coming to the office showing too much skin or on their pajamas. More comfortable doesn't always mean better.

• I do it when I have to meet customers in formal companies, but otherwise I can work rather casual. But I don't care if I have to dress up. I know its only for a short period

• Yep, hate it but I have to admit it usually looks really nice. I'm lucky my work is really casual so I only have to dress up for meetings

• annoying af

• It's a bit frustrating but eventually you learn to be creative and work around it

• Find another job... or better get a career..

• No. I enjoy dressing nicely for work. Maybe I'm weird haha.

• i prefer dressing nicely for work
    the cost can get annoying though

• I actually like dressing professionally

• I kind of like it honestly. But im not required to wear one specific thing, i get to shop and pick out my own nice clothing. My boyfriend on the other hand... ohh dear he hates it, so he got a job that is pretty casual wear.

Typical working day at the office = tshirt and shorts
    Business meeting = tshirt and shorts
    Casual Friday? = tshirt and shorts
    Meeting with suppliers = tshirt and shorts

I can't stand it... he loves it.