How did guys act after you lost weight?

did guys who weren't interested in you now became interested in you?

did your your girl friends stop hanging around you?

did you gain more guy friends?

did your guy friends all try asking you out?

were you disgusted by how guys treated you based on your size and looks?

Most Helpful Guy

• The girl I dated when I was a senior in high school lost a ton of weight by throwing everything up. She told me that once she lost weight, she suddenly became really popular with both girls and guys. She didn't seem disgusted by it but was more fascinated like she couldn't believe that people actually found her attractive.

She went to a different school (a rival high school even!) so I didn't know what she looked like pre-weight loss as she was really protective of it and would never let me see those old pictures. However, a female friend of mine told me that she was physically unrecognizable from her old self.

Most Helpful Girl

• More guys definitely became more interested when I lost weight.

My one girlfriend was upset by my weightloss, though she didn't directly come out and say it. She just got upset when I would bring healthy food for lunch (we were in high school). And would always ask me why I was eating that and why I felt I needed to bring healthy food. Any time any guys would come to talk to me, she would come over and be really obnoxious to them. She would make loud noises or make them feel uncomfortable.

None of my guy friends asked me out, and I didn't gain any more guy friends.

I was definitely more wary of guys who were now suddenly interested in me. It just made me feel uncomfortable that they liked me since I felt it was only for my body.

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't put solely down to the physical loss but sometimes your confidence grows
    (1) If they didn't like old you, they are not worth it
    (2) Who wants judgy friends
    (3) Possible
    (4) Maybe
    (5) Who cares, how you feel is what is important

What Girls Said 9

• I lost about 30-35 pounds and there wasn't much of a difference in total strangers approaching me, as that was the same as it was before, but guys who know me started being a little nicer and a few became interested in me. It didn't upset me. I know I'm much happier now than I was before and that's what's most important to me, not what others think or thought.

• I didn't loose that much. Only people close to me noticed. Some were surprised and some praised me, but nothing crazy. But I feel good for my appearance and being more fit than before

• Not at all. Maybe I didn't lose enough, but my boyfriend didn't even notice the 20 lbs difference

• I lost some girlfriends but all the guys were the same. The flirting was the same but more guys asked me out then before, before weight loss they would just flirt

• Yes and no I didn't lose any girl friends luckily. I dont really have guy friends but yes I do get approached more now cuz before I was literally nonexistent lmao.

No I'm actually not disgusted at all. Physical attraction is important. If someone's not attracted to me then it is what it is. Plus I wasn't really confident and didn't put in much effort so I can't really blame em.

@beautifulpromisex so the fact that people treated you differently according to the way you looked, doesn't make you wonder, at all?

Of course it does make me wonder but it doesn't affect me. I'm pretty chill, like nothing phases me. The people who love me have always treated me the same and that's all that really matters to me.

• I lost hella weight because I was first spiraling downward in my eating disorder and the attention I was getting wasn't the good kind.

• Mmm.. People acted the same.
    Probably because I thought I was fatter than what I really was, lol.
    But yeah. I guess people just liked me as a person in general.
    I only loss like 15lbs though.

• Yes.
    No.
    Sort of.
    Yes.
    No.

thats crazy... yikes. having your guy friends only be your friend to date you, ack!

It sucks but as soon as you become more attractive, it happens. Men find it hard to be friends with women they would bang. Harsh truth.

eww, i've been friends with attractive guys, i wouldn't mind dating them, but i would never actually do that. it seems so predator like, and animalistic and savage.

• Loads of girls I know got more attention from guys who never noticed them or cared about them before.

Some jealous friends didn't see them as much because they were happier all round and misery likes company.

They might have got more guy friends who just pretended to be a friend to get close lol

No, I've seen a few do that but most didn't and just encouraged her.

Some of my friends have been. They hate it. One even said she wants to be fat again because it kept those kinda guys away. Some are flattered and rightly think they deserve it for all their hard work and just see it as people appreciating that hard work.