Do guys prefer a woman who wears designer handbags or one who carries imitations/fakes?

Provided she buys them and you don't have to contribute.

Would you feel it was a status symbol to date a woman who buys designer? Would someone who buys fakes seem lesser in your eyes? Or do you prefer a girl that looks for alternatives to spending all that money and is happy to wear fakes/imitations?

I would normally have thought that men don't care about this/most wouldn't know the difference anyway however, I dated a man recently who didn't like me carrying imitation handbags. I don't wear fake bags but I do wear bags that can be mistaken as designer on first glance because of their style/design/shape etc... he seemed to feel that it brought my social status down or something and I should not wear imitations.

I also have Chinese girl friends who would never dream of wearing anything less than the real thing though so I wonder if it was a cultural thing in this case.

What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• We don't care. We really couldn't give a shit.

But if you have like an obviously fake Chanel bag, it's just going to look tacky.

If I was really pressed for an opinion on this, it would be don't waste money on designer bags, don't buy cheap knockoffs and just have practical, nice looking bags that aren't designer.
    Because we don't give a crap.

I agree with this, to me there are much more important things to spend money on. That is why I have a $15 Target purse that I've had for two years, haha. It serves its purpose and that's all I care about.

@aWes0MeNeSs that's all anyone should care about too.
      As long as it looks nice and does the job, who cares if it's designer or not

• 1d

very happy to have helped

Most Helpful Girl

• i am into cheap stuffs and i wouldn't waste my time to be with someone who would say that i MUST own designer stuffs.,... cause i don't have money for these stuffs

What Guys Said 16

• The guys who might be interested in your handbags (or your shoes, etc.) are probably more interested in other guys, not you.

• It wouldn't matter to me if she carried less expensive bags. I probably wouldn't even notice because I don't know much about ladies' handbags. But if I knew she wasn't spending huge $$$ on handbags I would admire her good financial sense.

• neither

• looks and quality are important but I don't care what brand it is.

if she pays for them herself... sure, if she thinks they are worth it. But if she doesn't have the money for more important things because of some stupid handbags then I might be a bit pissed (if she's my gf)

I completely agree. I personally don't care at all about brand name stuff, but when people start focusing their priorities on superficial stuff like that rather than important things, it becomes an issue, and to me it shows that they care more about social status and what other people think of them than the more important things, like paying bills and providing for yourself.

• Well yeah of course I want the real deal it's like wearing fake clothes. I want my girlfriend to wear and carry around the real deal

• I do not care what's see carrying

• Honestly I don't think a guy would know the difference

• Yeah, girls here is a news flash: Guys dont care about purses at all. SO if you drop $3000 on a designer purse it will be to impress other women or to get the attention of purse-snatchers and muggers.

• "Do guys prefer a woman who wears designer handbags or one who carries imitations/fakes?"

Don't. Fucking. Care. :D

• ill be totally honest with you, i couldnt care less about any of that stuff

• I dont give a shit

• Honestly I could care less about what a women's purse or handbag looks like.

• I dont really care about it.

• i wouldn't mind.. and i don't think it should affect your relationship

• Men could care less!

• They are different types of red flags.

I think the fakes bothers me more, but I don't know.

What Girls Said 9

• there's a difference between having imitations of a bag without the logo and flat out just a fake copy of the designer bag, I think it says a lot more about people who do wear fake designer as they're trying to make themselves feel something they're not, there's no issue with spending money you earn on a bag you want. I would rather just wear a normal bag with no label than one thats a fake with it.

• I think some people need to check their priorities. This man who was so concerned with you wearing cheap bags, maybe should have bought you a designer one.

• I'm not a guy, but I've personally never met a guy who cares about this, or even knows the difference between a designer purse and a $5 one from Wal-Mart. Personally, my qualifications for a purse is that it's medium size (enough to hold my keys, wallet, checkbook, some gum, etc., but not huge), and has a shoulder strap. I've had my current $15 Target purse for two years and don't plan on replacing it until it breaks. Nobody has ever commented other than to tell me they like the color of it. I don't really get into name brands and stuff.

• I don't think guys care. But please don't get fake designer articles that's just super embarrassing, especially when it's obvious its fake (and it usually is).

• I'm pretty sure men couldn't care less.

• I own a designer bag and guys like me

• I don't wear fakes or imitation and I don't care if a guy prefer me what I wear or not

• I think most don't notice or give a shit about our handbags.

• They don't give a shit, don't know the difference, it doesn't matter, they couldn't care less, they didn't even see you had a bag in your hands, that literally only matters to (some) women, I promise you they don't care etc.