Do real girls actually wear slutty prom dresses?

Okay, I have a sister who is going to prom with her Boyfriend and she showed me hers in a magazine, well I saw a couple slutty looking ones, and she told me they even have them in stores. Now what I consider slutty are ones which barely cover the middle and have slits in the side. I wish I could post a pic but don't know how but I assume you know what I mean. Anyway do real girls wear these, I mean I'm sure a few skanky ones do, but do most normal girls wear these slutty dresses

just wondering even if a girl has a body to rock an immodest dress, does it mean she should, I know it different for guys, but what if I wore a muscle shirt with a tux pic on it. I doubt you'd say a guy could do that

Most Helpful Girl

• I know what you're talking about.That really isn't the time and place for those sorts of outfits.Now,if they were a little older,and were going out to a nightclub with a date,well...maybe then,but not a prom.You have to wonder where the parents(especially the dads!)are,in all this.If they want to be a little "risque",and feel like they're pushing the envelope just a wee bit,then I would suggest a full length gown,naturally,but possibly go with a full slit up the side,so as to show a little leg,but still keep everything tasteful.Besides,this may also have a practical side,since this will enable the gals,to sit,walk, and dance more comfortably.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes actually they do...but mostly only slutty girls wear the slutty dresses. Either sluts or wanna-be sluts. =)

• In my opinion you'll see girls with classy/ fairytale style dresses. And the rest that have low self esteem that will dress sluty. I guess its there way of getting attention in the worst possible way. So I guess real girls that have a good head on their shoulders will tend to dress with more dignity you could say. And the other girls that don't know what's up will tend to dress more provackitive due to being the center of attention. But that's just what I've notice when I went to high school.

• I guess, I just don't remember that back in the day, and even my sister said no one in her class would ever want a dress like that

• Yes REAL girls do wear slutty dresses to prom : link

Most NORMAL girls who don't copy what everyone else does/wears probably wouldn't wear skimpy dress, especially if it's to a formal event, I know I wouldn't!

• Nope, the fake ones wear slutty dresses...you know, the ones with the orange tint...

• it depends in your area because different trends are different. I don't really look at them as slutty because say you were at the beach you would be showing your midsection so its not like its obscene. if the girl is confident and has a nice body she'd rock it. I knew a few girls who wore dresses like that. also a slutty girl can be wearing anything, clothes don't make the slut lol

• I guess then I should say immodest, I totally understand what your saying, but I mean even if a girl can rock a dress like that, it still seems tasteless to me. Plus prom is way different than the beach. Its not so much there obscene its just that its not right for the event. Plus its young girls, if it was an event with 25 to 30 year olds it would be acceptable. Maybe its just my area though since I am from Nebraska (I know backwards state) and we just aren't as trendy.

What Guys Said 0