How do I wear less makeup?

I am like a makeup pro. everyone is always complimenting me on my makeup and telling me it's hot. my friends & co workers even ask me to show them how to do makeup. recently tho my boyfriend has been hinting at me to wear less makeup. telling me I'm cute enough to go without it, saying he prefers the natural look, and really complimenting me with no makeup at all. also, one of my fam members told me I have a pound of makeup on. I only wear nudes, & black or brown eyeliner. I don't kno how to wear less makeup. I use foundation, nude eye shadow, eyeliner, & subtle lip stick. so, how do I wear less? I don't get the concept. I could see if I wore colors, blue, green, purple, but I don't. so how do I wear less? also, if it's true that I look better without it then how come no one hits on me when I'm not wearing makeup? & why do my selfies without makeup get less likes if I look better without it. the concept of wearing less I don't understand.. how do I wear less makeup? what's that mean... I kno my boyfriend doesn't want to go to a hot party without me wearing makeup.. so what's up

Most Helpful Guy

• The next time you don't have anything to do all day, just don't put any on, go to the store, or something, just leave the house and once you feel comfortable like that then try not wearing any makeup in front of people you know. If anyone asks, you wanted to give your skin a break or something I don't know. But try that then do the foundation and eyeliner that's really all.

Are you sure he wasn't hinting this at you because he doesn't like making out when you have lipstick on? You should try to stop wearing the ipstick first and see what happens.

actually he did say he couldn't kiss me bc of my Lipstick

Yea, I was with this one girl for a while and the lipstick would normally be gone in the first few moments of making out so I never said anything but she would put lip balm on, literally every chance she got. I would literally keep moving on her so she wouldn't have a chance because she was driving me nuts.

It was as if she was smothering her lips with Crisco and making me kiss her I hated it. Got to a point where she pulled it out once and I put my hand on her arm and was like "stop" haha

Most Helpful Girl

• For starters, I just want to say that I love makeup too and I think people should be able to where however little or much makeup they want and it's really no one's business. You're lucky to have a boyfriend who thinks you look pretty going natural, but the fact of the matter is a lot of guys like a girl with defined eyes and flawless skin--which, obviously, isn't possible barefaced. If you want to cut back, maybe try ditching the eyeshadow and using less eyeliner or a more subtle color, such as brown?

I mean, like everyone else I use wunderbrow, & if it's a big nite I'll wear glitter eye shadow nice
      nude. I also got the cat eye on lock.. but how do I achieve this with no makeup

I feel like parties and things like that are exceptions from the everyday where most girls put on a little more makeup than they would usually. If you're going out and you want to feel fab, then I'd say stick it and do whatever you want, because that's what everyone else will be doing.

What Guys Said 6

• "... if it's true that I look better without it then how come no one hits on me when I'm not wearing makeup?"

#whyYourBoyfriendSaysYouShouldWearLessMakeup

• put less of it on your face.

10/10 advice MHO is for me.

• How about just don't put it on? Duh

• You could try just... not wearing any at all. Focus more on skin care instead.

• We'd need to see, to answer

• He could be alergic to your make up and if it touchs him it causes a reaction

What Girls Said 23

• Guys always say girls look better without makeup but seriously have they seen us without it 😂😂 hah no I'm just kidding but if you want to wear less makeup then go right ahead. Don't just do it because they say so. I typically don't wear a lot of makeup but I want to start going full out On special occasions. I like going for the natural makeup look mainly because I suck at makeup and it doesn't take that much work.

Okay so you should probably switch to a BB cream. I'm not sure if you know what that is. It's kind of like foundation but way less. It has good benefits for your skin and it looks like you didn't really put anything on. It's sort of like a tinted moisturizer. It covers discoloration and looks really natural. I bought the mica beauty BB cream and powder and it doesn't look cakey. Plus it helps your skin a lot.(in case you're struggling with acne)

I like to use a bit of bronzer or contour colors (brown) for my eyeshadow. I just put it in my crease to give it the illusion that my eyelids are bigger, giving me a wide awake look to my eyes. What I've been doing recently is putting liquid eyeliner on the top but keeping it close to my eyelashes and not giving it a wing. I also use eyeliner (pencil) to tight line my eyelashes, also making the eyes looking bigger.

Then curl your eyelashes and put mascara on. That's key. Always use primer or something to keep your eyelashes up. Then just put on a nude lipstick and you're set. hope that helped

• Okay here's what I think you should do to get away with still wearing a decent amount of makeup but without anyone really noticing. Continue doing your base just as you normally would. Like foundation concealer and whatever you need as far as that goes. Drop the eyeshadow even if it's nude. People are kinda stupid and they see any shadow or eyeliner and register it in their minds as : "a ton of makeup" so if you wanna look natural just drop any shadow. Drop the eyeliner as well.

• Do what makes you happy, why change if 1) you like it and 2) he liked you enough to date you in the first place.

If you really want to wear less, reduce a product by opacity each week. ex) get a natural mascara vs a fiber mascara. Use a stain vs lipstick. Use a cc cream vs foundation or apply your foundation with a sponge. It's possible, it might be weird in the beginning, but you can do it :)

• I wear eyeshadow, eyeliner, foundation, concealer, powder, brow pencil , brow powder, lip liner, lipstick , lipgloss, blush, highlighter, bronzer and false lashes or mascara. You do NOT wear too much makeup , trust me. Besides, you can wear as much makeup as you want to wear. Makeup is awesome. Keep wearing makeup if it makes you happy.

• Don't use foundation, give a light powder if you really want to and mascara and lip balm.

Really though, if your identity is with the face you put on and YOU feel better for doing so he should accept that. I completely get him preferring a more natural look but you need to comfortable too Hun.
    At least they all think you're beautiful without it, which is a compliment for your natural loveliness 😊

• "How come no one hits on me"

You have a boyfriend tf you want people hitting on you for?

It makes me hella uncomfortable when I get hit on while having a boyfriend.

• I think your boyfriend needs a chill pill, and that your makeup is on point. You shouldn't let any of it get to you just be yourself, and show the you that you feel is most beautiful and share that with the world. You shouldn't change who you are, or how you do things for anyone.

• SAME!!! But I've been doing it for skin, because I'm going to asia for vacation next summer and makeup melts off.

When people say less they mean they want it to look more natural. The key to the natural beauty look is natural looking flawless skin, eyebrows, and eyelashes. Switch your focus from makeup to skincare!

Get a beauty blender or real techniques sponge, it gives your base a more natural finish. Maybe switch to a bb cream or serum foundation by a skincare or high end makeup line. Get a good concealer. Lighter coverage overall+ spot concealing= gorgeous skin. Go full out on eyebrows. Easy on eyes, lips, highlight, bronzer. If you feel naked without your eye makeup push mascara to the max or wear natural looking falsies.

• sounds like you don't use much make-up
    maybe you're heavy on the foundation
    go lighter on that or try mineral make-up

• Start by doing less, curl eyelashes rather than using mascara, don't use lipstick but instead use tinted lip balm, skip the eyeliner

• Wearing basic makeup hardly makes you a pro. Just wear foundation and a brown mascara and a little blush for colour, no gloss just a balm.

I wouldn't call it basic.. and I'm certainty not going without foundation or lipstick

sorry, I use wunderbrow, I use lip liner, I got the cat eye on lock, and I use eye shadow packs, but they're all nude colors & sometimes shimmer, but nudes.. point being I don't wear that ugly green and blue shit

OK well like I said you do you

• by the sounds of things your makeup is on point girl so id have a wee word with your boyfriend and tell him to chill xx

• Wake up 10 minutes before leaving for work and you won't have the choice but to leave with little to no makeup

• I would stop listening to everyone else and wear as much make up as you wish. if you're applying it correctly I don't see the issue.

• skip the foundation, and eye shadow

• just use concealer and lipgloss, nothing else

• I wouldn't change for any man. Tell him to deal with it.

• People will always have something to say.

• Just don't wear anything.

• Dont wear any makeup

• Stop using foundation and keep on using eyeliner and lipstick.

• Don't put other make ups on your face if you don't really need those to improve your look. For example, if you have pale face, then just put blush oh. If you already have red lips, then you don't have to put lipstick on

• First of all, fuck them haters. Wear what you want!