Girls, Should I stop wearing mascara if everyone thinks my eyelashes are fake?

I have very long NATURAL eyelashes and I'm constantly asked if my eyelashes are real. Yes they are. I do not wear fake eyelashes and the idea that people think they are fake makes me hate my eyelashes. I think false lashes are very tacky and don't look good on anyone. I wear just a touch of mascara to make my eyes more vibrant and it looks better with my eyeliner as opposed to just eyeliner without mascara. Any tips?

26d Thank you girls, you are all so sweet and caring and inspiring! I love that girls can band together and build each other up like this instead of being mean and nasty towards each other, as I'm sure we have all experienced at times in our lives. I love you all!

23

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 22

• Please don't hate your eyelashes! People are jerks when it comes to things like this. I have long lashes and people ask me all the time if mine are real too. Don't let their questions make you feel bad about yourself.

I was born blond and I had people (as a child) tell me my mom dyed my hair in my sleep. I also have big boobs and I've been told they are fake (they are natural). People can just be jerks about things.

Sometimes people say stuff like that out of jealousy too.

• No thats the point of mascara! to have lashes so real they look fake! Women pay for what you got, ROCK them!

• Everyone thinks my nails are fake and that doesn't make me want to cut them.
    Fuck them all, put your mascara on and keep rocking your eyelashes

• Absolutely Not Here, dear.
    Just go Easy on How Much of this Mascara you Wear, and do Not Buy... Really Dark for your Eyes.
    Good luck and Big Eyes are Beautiful, Not "Fake."xx

• Who tf cares, Can't please everybody.
    Wear what you think looks best on you, not because people think you might be wearing fake lashes. Embrace what you've got.

• What? No. Who gives a shit what they think?

• It probably looks amazing and people suck. Keep wearing the mascara. Encourage them to get in your face if u feel it is neceessary. "LOOK, do they look fake-do they" hahah

• Maybe get a tattoo right above your eyebrows that says "yes, my eyelashes are reaL"

But if you have eyelashes that long then rock those babies.

• Omg girl I envy people with long lashes! If anything it's a huge compliment if you're told u have fake looking lashes. Never an insult in my book!

• nope... use mascara if you want to

• sounds cliche but you shouldn't give a shit about what others think. I don't know about you but if I'm buying $20 mascara or even $10 mascara I'm not buying that for anyone else. I'm doing it so that i feel good about how i look. if you prefer the way your eyes pop when you wear mascara, ignore what everyone says and rock that shit

• Girls typically don't gave long eyelashes so of course people will ask. That doesn't mean that yours look bad or tacky.

• Just keep the mascara if it makes u feel more secure bout urself, but u sound beautiful enough already. Screw those ppl! Love urself, and you'll be loved back!

• Pics for proof.
    I don't know wear brown mascara one day. Or if someone questions your authenticity pull your lashes a little or close your eyes and ask if they see a band

• no reason to stop just don't apply too much

• Who cares what others think? If you have it, flaunt it!

• That's a compliment though.

No need to wear mascara of you already got the desired look

• Not many girls have good natural eyelashes... if you like them... then you do you. People may also be saying that as a compliment. So be yourself and love your eyelashes.

• Nah! Rock em!

I also have long lashes and keep clear mascara on hand for when I dont want to look as "made up" as well. Even just brushing them out is nice because they can get tangly.

So you've got options between all or nothing for different events.

• Hell no why do you care what bum hoes think?

• Keep wearing it, I bet it looks fine. Some false lashes look natural and long, that's probably what kind they mean

• No... F em... wear what u want...