Girls, I need some help, Girls only... help please?

So a couple days ago I went to work out at the gym, and my mom told me never to wear a thong while working out and if I do make sure it doesn't touch my butthole *sorry tmi*, she said that if it were to be touching it it is possible i can get an infection from the bacteria. After my workout i went to go change and take a shower and i noticed that the thong has been touching my butthole *tmi again sorry* the whole time... I couldnt feel it and i'm worried that its still possible i can still get an infection. Should I be worried?

1mo So, could a yeast infection be a main factor?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• it might be risky to wear thong while you exercise because friction

What Girls Said 6

• You shouldn't be wearing a thong in the first place when exercising. Nor should you wear it in general, because tight clothes can give you a yeast infection. That includes for men too. So your mother is 50% right. The 50% wrong is telling if you do wear it. Just stop wearing them, especially when they ride up into your butt! That's why I hate thongs!

• I wear them pretty regular and nothing happened so far. If you clean yourself well and aren't overly prone to infections you should be able to wear what you want without worrying too much. The only time you shouldn't wear a thong is on your period, so like three days out of the months it's a bad idea but otherwise your good👍🏼

• No you should be fine so long as you're a clean person. Yeast infections aren't caused by that. If you weren't clean and some how that part ended up towards your vulva then there's a possibility of a uti.

• Lol no, I get what she was saying but you're good

• I'd advise you to stop wearing it while you're exercising. Anyway, I doubt you're going to get an infection. You will be fine.

• Basically it's just because the thong string bit can move around and sometimes bacteria can get dragged from your butt to your vagina entrance. This can happen however you wear a thong and general advice is to just not wear them to bed, and try to take a break like not wearing them daily.

You'll be fine probably, this can happen but doesn't happen that much

Yeast infections, bacterial infections like bacterial vaginosis, you can get a uti from bacteria too.
      Just don't wear it every day, and as the other answer said not when exercising.