How would this look on a girl?

would a dress or those long dress-like shirts/tunics with leggings look bad on a big girl?

like this outfit: link

but on a bigger body

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmm it depends on the color and style.

Like the one in the link you posted, wouldn't look good on a bigger body.

Something like, baby blue, rose pink, white, olive green. you know, earthy colors, would look really cute on a bigger size. rose pink is usually the best one.

As for the style, avoid turtle neck types, or anything that goes really close to the neck. This will make your shoulders look broad and wide, and thats not what you want.

Try to get one with a lower neck line, or one that shows off the skin above your chest area.

What Guys Said 2

• Depends On the shape and skin tone. Would work for slim tan girls because it will compliment her skin tone.

• It's tough to shop as a female with a bigger body. That dress wouldn't be so bad on a bigger girl because it's not as defining as some others. Now again every shape is different and every preference is different also, so no opinion is fact. A lot of shirts and dresses now are being made with higher or no waists to compliment a variety of body shapes. In my opinion, your link is fashionable and would look good, but as a few others say, the color may need modification, regardless of size.

What Girls Said 8

• I think it'll look great. Any type of fashion will look great - whether the person is small or big - as long as you have the right size. Nice fitted outfits enhance a person's body - I have seen girls go for one size smaller when they are 2 size bigger OR some girls go for one size too big when they are 3 size smaller. You know what I mean? It doesn't label you with anything - the outfit then just seems to be awkward if you don't coordinate the size with your own body type. Just make sure you get the right size that goes with your body and you'll look great.

I think you should go for it!

• There is this girl at my school

and she's a pretty big girl. But she wears that stuff all the time

and she looks adorable lol

i think they can pull it off. if they do it in a stylish way

not a lazy, sluggish way

• hm.i think it depends. If you top half is significantly bigger than your legs this might not flatter you, but if that's not the case I think it would look really cute. Be sure to wear dark colored leggings like black or something

• It depends on the size of the girl. It's also very important that the tunic isn't TOO baggy or TOO tight. A waist belt could help define your waist. Really couldn't say if it would work for sure unless you saw the actual person in the actual tunic.

• no I think they look good, I like them, you gotta be careful in picking some of the tunics because sometimes they have the tendency of making even the skinniest girl look pregnant

• it usually depends on her shape or how it fits on her

• i find it sexy for girls but definitely a different shirt ;) it just seems too big :S

and I think it doesn't fit all girls, like me :( would love to wear it but its just so not my style

• Yes, fashion is supposed to be awkward, it looks bad.

• So yes its fashionable or no it would look bad?

• If you've looked at Vogue magazines these girls are models, if you're like super duper skinny and you have the perfect face to go with it then sure. But those girls are not considered to have the "perfect body" the bikini models are, and they would never wear an outfit like that. Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch is what you should wear if you want to choose your own style and what not. You don't have to dress by the models. But no the outfit looks awkward to me and I have good style personally.