Is it inappropriate to wear red lipstick to Uni?

I usually just wear a nude color or pink. I see many girls wearing red in Uni (I used to wear it occasionally too a couple of years ago) but my aunt told me red lipstick is not for Uni.
Do you think it's inappropriate?

1|0
24|19

What Guys Said 19

• Red usually registers for guys as sexy or horny so.

But it's up to you, I've seen lawyers who wear it personally I find nude colours to look better red just seems like something you'd wear on more formal occasions.

2|1
    0|0
    • 22d

Humm I see. I've been already sexually harassed while wearing red lipstick so maybe I should refrain lol !

• 22d

Well we can't have you sexually harassed now can we.

I suppose you could test drive it if you wanted to, do it for a day and see how it registers then go from there.

• Red is the colour of attraction and passion. You're signaling that you're searching for a partner that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your aunt is being utterly ridiculous. In college/uni, it is full of adults. Wear whatever you want. College doesn't have a "dress code"! :-D

1|0
    0|0
  • The things women think about lol

I wouldn't know where to begin... Red is a little seductive I guess - but it's also sort of a style these days so in university I don't think it's a big deal (it's already a fashion show these days). Besides we both know you wanna look good for Uni, so just do whateves

put it on after you leave the house lol - this 'Aunt' of yours is something isn't she

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it's not inappropriate but on most girls red lipstick looks artificial.
    Nude lipstick is much more attractive :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would it be? Wear what you want. Who gives a shit? I mean as long as it ain't overtly inappropriate

0|0
    0|0
  • It is not inappropriate. But there is a misconception that red is a very hot/sexy lipstick color. But I don't think it should be given so much importance. It the color matches well on your clothes , use red.

0|0
    0|0
  • You mean university? Big issue is if your dressed provocative. As for lipstick? Well you're an adult, they outta treat you as one.

2|0
    0|0
  • Who cares when you look dope
    by the way red lipstick is sexy but you're decent type so you'd still look decent no matter what you do
    It's confusing but I hope you got my point :P

0|0
    0|0
  • I know my age is showing here, but what is uni?

0|0
    0|0
  • Huh?

0|0
    0|0
  • wear whatever you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • No no. But you might get some positive male attention 🔥

0|0
    0|0
  • lol no why dya think that?

0|0
    0|0
  • Who are you kissing? 😚😚😚

0|0
    0|0
  • wear what you want. you do you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your good you could wear blue lipstick and still look good lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would it be

Those who wear it are meant to give great blowjobs by the way, I reckon you'd give a great one ergo you should wear it

0|0
    0|0
  • psychologists say red implies the woman is horny at that period of her life. but who cares... .

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 24

• If you see other girls wear it then just wear it if you want to. Aunties talk all sort of bullshit

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't see why red would specifically be inappropriate out of any of the other colours. I've worn it several times and never got anything but positive feedback.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, it's cool :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Why is it innapropriate? Wear whatever you want for yourself and nobody else.

0|1
    0|0
  • No Its just lipstick but I see how she may think that

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on where u live. Here in Lebanon it's not very appropriate to wear lipstick, it's considered too sexual i guess. But i wear it amyways meh

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear whatever color lipstick I want to University... and yes I have worn red.

1|0
    0|0
  • nope but it is quiet bold and definitely stands out.

I feel reluctant to put on bold lipstick in school for that reason

0|0
    0|0
  • Red is defenitly atractive, but I prefer nude colors too. It's more natural. But at the end you gotta wear what you feel comfortable in.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, wear what you want.

1|0
    0|0
  • Bruh... there are a few girls at my high school who wear red lipstick every day.
    What makes your aunt think it's 'inappropriate' for college? College doesn't have a dress code...

0|0
    0|0
  • Red is very becoming and attracts attention. I don't see that it's inappropriate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just wear whatever lipstick you want :) I think it's fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I'd wear it but then again... I love makeup.

0|1
    0|0
  • You do what makes you happy!

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, it's fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would it be inappropriate? Your aunt is wrong!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Why inappropriate?

0|0
    0|0
  • be yourself . variety is good . it's not inappropriate .

0|0
    0|0
  • I use red, pink, nude, black and even purple to uni.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't consider it inappropriate, but I avoided wearing it to Uni.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nowadays it is ok for uni. Make up trends are different today then they were before. It's always constantly changing.

0|0
    0|0
  • What's uni?

0|0
    0|0