What kind of dress do guys like on a girl?

E. g. tight dresses that accentuates the curves,
dresses with belts,
gowns
etc :)
This is for a formal dinner date :) First date and I've never met him in real life before but we are basically best friends, and he's hinted that he will probably ask me out but I don't want to blow my chances by dressing up weirdly. :/
Thank you so much!

0|1
2|21

What Guys Said 21

• I am NOT picky any of many.

But I'll tell you straight out, those casual afternoon summertime sun dresses could make me cry happy tears.

1|0
    0|0
    • 20d

thanks for your help! Appreciate it :) But for meeting up for the first time would you want something that accentuates an hourglass figure or a drifty type dress? :)

• 20d

Ahh, I missed the formal word. I'm not a formal person. If you dress too sexy then that's what he'll think you are like always. When you go to wear your sweats he'll cry sad tears. :)

A little bit of sexy is fine but since it is formal you shouldn't be in some tight red number. A little mystery shouldn't hurt.

Asking men about types of dresses is tough though. We don't know the names of the types.

• 20d

ohh okay :) Do you have a favourite colour when it comes to dresses for a girl?

• 0|0
    0|0
    • 19d

I second this type of dress. The summer flowery dresses are awesome too

• I love dresses which are classy but tight in teh sense they compliment the girls figure, i'm not a huge fan of tight cleveage style dresses

Something like this works:

smhttp-ssl-50243.nexcesscdn.net/.../...a_opt_8.jpg

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't really like dresses and skirts so I prefer casual clothing like jeans with a shirt or something like that... But if it had to be a dress, I like the look of what CyberToothTiger sent up...

0|0
    0|0
  • You can never fuck up sundresses and maxidresses

0|0
    0|0
  • Gowns are good, so are blouses, skirts, summer dresses
    Jeans, hoodies and t-shirts don''t look good to me

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • A tight one lol 😂 Please don't kill me

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like dresses. I prefer women wearing pants.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dresses with belts highlights curves without being to sexual

0|0
    0|0
  • I like elegant dresses on women

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, just look cute.. You don't have to worry about a specify dress type.. Although a dinner dress would be a more tighter dress IMHO.. Lol..

0|0
    0|0
  • Ones that show curves (assuming you are not fat, I said curves not folds, ew).

0|0
    0|0
  • Tight i love

0|0
    0|0
    • 20d

So you don't think it's a bit trashy or something for a formal dinner right? :)

• Lol when girls ask these type of questions I just laugh

0|0
    0|0
  • Short, clingy dresses

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the invisible kind 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • The kind of dress you would enjoy seeing on the floor after a date.

I feel the specific dress varies for each male, but as for me, I am partial to a fitting dress that actually fits within the girls body type.

I for one enjoy something that accentuates the breasts or the hips.

It could be dresses with belts or any extras.

0|0
    0|0
  • K, too many emoticons for one
    And secondly, you can't "dress weirdly". Besides, if he's judging you for what you're wearing, he's not worth your time

0|0
    0|0
  • Tight dress for curves, it's hot. I hope it's a male friend and what a lucky guy!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not particularly fond of dresses on girls but you'll have to ask him or people like him to know.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• What's your body type? Best to dress for your body type and accentuate your best assets! I'm hourglass so I always wear nipped in at the waist dresses, bodycon or wrap usually. So wear whatever flatters you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothankyou

0|0
    1|0