Does anyone else hate tattoos besides me?

I never understood why people find them special or beautiful for something that won't even last. Not to mention the damn needle on your body for many hours!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't hate them but they're not a turn on either. I would never get one myself because I don't want a permanent mark on my skin that is painful to get and only gets worse looking as you get older.

Most Helpful Girl

• I dislike them
    They can look good on some guys when it's on an arm but I prefer without more often than not.
    As for me, I would never get a tattoo.

• 19d

Tattoos suck. They make people look ugly to be honest

• 19d

Yeah they can make you look tacky... In my opinion, not saying people who have them are tacky, but I can't imagine a beautiful elegant dress with a tattoo I don't know haha

• 19d

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

What Guys Said 12

• I don't hate them but I don't want any either.

• I hate tattoos as well
    God gave us our beautiful bodies to house our souls, not to scar them unnecessarily. A certain level of degeneracy is associated with tattoos

• Very few things which are beautiful ever last in the first place. Its part of that which makes them beautiful.

• Got a tattoo and love it, will get more and don't really care too much if someone dislikes them. Besides tattoo's will pretty much last til you die, I mean you probably have to retouch them at some point but they'll still be there.

• 19d

What's the point of having one anyway? They look so trashy in my opinion. I don't want a guy who has tattood

• 19d

But they don't disappear, the ink goes into the skin pretty deep that they're pretty much permanent til you die. The trend of tattoo's will never disappear either, it'll also be around most likely forever.

• 19d

I don't care lol the only people with tattoos that I will ever respect are Maõri people because it's from their cultures

• I would never ever want one, and I can take it from someone I like but I'll never be a fan :o
    With I can take it I mean a small one, not a painted body :-(

• 19d

I won't even date a man who has tattoo

• 19d

Have what?

• 19d

This discussion.
      GAG is a discussion forum... that's what the site is all about - discussion and interaction :D

• I'm 17 and haven't gotten a tattoo or a piercing and i don't plan to

• I don't hate them necessarily but I know many people who get them and some of them have asked me why I don't want a tattoo but I mean think about it, they may look nice but if you ever change your mind they'll never go away unless you get them lasered off

• 19d

Honestly people who have tattoos are stupid

• 19d

It would make good sense for you to jump out of this conversation yes. When you cannot even employ reason or common sense, two of the fundamental tools of intelligent discourse there is no hope for you.

• 19d

I thought I said shoo? Lemme make it easier for ya

• Depends how they are done

They can look great or they can look terrible

I don't like big ones on women, but that's just my taste

• I hate them on women.

• 19d

It doesn't look good on men either soo

• 19d

Depends. Men tend to get things that either mark something important in their life (unit and military branch, birth of children, death of a friend) or something that's important to them (spiritual belief, group they're associated with). Sure, there are the tryhards that get something they saw on the wall at the tattoo parlor and they thought it was cool, but those guys are usually easy to identify.

Women get tats so they can advertise how damaged they are. The more ink she has, the more fucked up she is. Yet another thing I had to learn the hard way.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some don't like tats, some don't like certain ethnicities, some don't like freckles, some don't like piercings, and so on.

• 19d

Lol you are so sexist. That is not a opinion at all 😂😂😂

• they CAN look good... or completely shit

• i am thinking of tattooing a buzzcut on my hair if i lose it.

• I don't mind tattoos that are beside you, as long as they're not on you

What Girls Said 19

• I would never pass judgement on those that like getting ink, but it's just not for me. I never saw the attraction and if you had to have one, then they seem definitely more appropriate on a man than a woman. I especially understand someone wanting to memorialize someone or something special, like the loss of a love one or military pride. On that, I'm with it. It's the need for spiders, dragons and other things that I never understood. However, to each his own and god bless you if you like them, just not my thing. I agree with you.

• I'm getting a few so I can have a few memories engraved within me until I die. Some people do it just 'cuz. If you take care of your weight and skin, you can preserve them for a really long time. If you change your mind about them in the future, you can have them removed.

Some people find them beautiful, while others have them for symbolic reasons. It's for the same reason you would create a painting or sculpture: to express yourself.

That aside, it's pretty obvious why you made such a post to begin with. You don't actually want to know why people do it; You're pretty set on your opinion. You just want people here to validate your close-minded views. Yes, you may express your hate for them. You have every right to. But when people actual tell you that it's special to them and all you can come up with is "No, that's still stupid", you're basically saying "You and your memory and precious moments in life are stupid". So naturally, yes, people WILL backlash at you, as they have a right to.

tl;dr : Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's okay to be a douche about it.

• 19d

Lol if the shoes fits... I don't have to be political correct about it. I will stand by what I say to y'all. Stay pressed

• 19d

You are a very spiteful young woman.

• I wouldn't say that I hate them but I'm not a fan in the slightest.

A guy having a tattoo would be a turn-off more than anything else in my eyes. It just comes off as a bit obnoxious and not a very well thought out idea before he got an arm-band done, forgetting that it'd have to be redone and look sillier and sillier throughout the rest of their life.

• I don't like them either. But I guess some people like the idea of permanent art on their body.

• I don't hate them but I'm not particularly fond of them either. I think people are more beautiful without them.

• I personally have 3 tattoos and those are the names of my 3 daughters the pain represents a doddle compared to childbirth but having the stretch marks and memories just wasn't enough I had to claim them to my body for the rest of my life-I like tattoos as its freedom of expression but I also understand people who dislike them as I did prior to my children the immediate thought of a green hulk sleeved arm just didn't seem to appeal much to me but this day and age is changing the world is continually adding decoration so each decoration and creation to their own! xxx

• I love tattoos. I've even been thinking of getting a few.
    You know that saying, "Life is beautiful". It's beautiful because it doesn't last. Nothing lasts forever. It's not supposed to.

• I'm pretty apathetic about them in general

• i dont hate them, I'm not sure if i would get one, I'm not 100% against it

• I do not hate them

• Not me, I love tattoos

• I think if there is a bigger meaning to it and not some result of a drunken night then sure that's fine. That being said, I would never get one but that's because I'm deathly afraid of needles. I can't even get blood taken. :/

• I like tattoos, but I've seen some really stupid ones

• my father past away when i was 4 and im getting his last words tattooed on me

• I would never get one but it don't hate them.

• I hate tattoos as well and I find them to be trashy, especially on girls. I will admit that I have one and I regret getting it. Luckily it's small and in a discreet spot on my body so nobody can see it unless I'm naked. Stupid thing to do, I was 18 and dumb, didn't think about the long term, etc. I think tattoos are a big fad right now. Lots of 20-25 year olds getting tattoos. All I see on social media anymore is pictures of people's new tattoos. Especially sleeve tattoos on girls! I'm like "why?". But, like all fads, this will fade and people will be stuck with their visible, uncoverable ink. Hope they enjoy it now because that shit will look stupid as hell when they're in their mid 30's.

• I don't hate them, but I can't imagine myself getting one.

• 19d

I hate them lol they make people look ugly with it

• 19d

The joke's on you, you worthless piece of shit.

• 19d

You're still here shorty? 😈

• I agree with what @zorro8888 said. I don't hate them (on other people... it's their choice), but I don't want any.

I remember something my history teacher said in high school, and it has stuck with me ever since (when I see people who regret their tattoo (s) or get something really weird/trendy, I wish they would have heard what my teacher said). He said that he's wanted to get a tattoo, but his wife told him, 'okay, if you want one, have that picture/image with/around/on you at all times for the next 5 years; look at it every single day, several times a day. If, after those 5 years, you still want that image, then get it tattooed on you."

• 19d

Lol that's so stupid. Tattoos means nothing

• 19d

Yeah, well tell that to the people who get them.

Everyone's got opinions. Your opinion is no more right than their opinion.

• 19d

Actually people often forget where tattoos comes from. That's what makes me concerned a little bit

• I have four tattoos and they are all symbolic to me. I love tattoos

• 18d

How is that funny? One is of my mothers last letter written to me "I will love you forever, we will meet again soon. Love mom" (she had stage 4 cancer).. But I guess to you that's funny... wow

• 18d

You don't need to tell me your life because that's pretty much irrelevant to me. Welcome to internet 😎