Would you tell your significant other if you had plastic surgery?

So I recently had coolsculpting done on my abdomen. As far as plastic surgery goes, it's pretty tame. Basically it's a nonsurgical way of freezing the fat in a certain area on your body, and seeing a gradual loss. I have not told my boyfriend or my family that I have had this done, however.

Guys, would you view this as a big deal? Girls, would you, or have you, done something similar? Just curious what the general consensus is.

What Guys Said 4

• I have never heard of this before. Wild!

• 18d

You have never heard of coolsculpting? Or somebody hiding their plastic surgery from their SO?

• 18d

Actually I'm in a bit of pain right now, that's why I asked it! Haha. The procedure itself is fine. But there's a bit of nerve damage that usually resolves otself in a month - that's the painful part ^_^;

Would you care if your girl didn't tell you?

• 18d

Oh wow! That sounds pretty horrible! I think anyone I've ever dated would almost certainly mention something that unpleasant! lol!

• naah its alright

• No because 1. I would never get plastic surgery because I definitely don't need it. 2. I don't have a significant other and I never will because I'm asexual/aromantic.

• 18d

Why are you commenting on this question then? Since it so oviously doesn't apply to you

• I would tell them. If she's pregnant and the babies come out ugly as fuck then she will know anyway.

What Girls Said 9

• I would, since is not something that is like I changed my face 10+ times. I would tell him if u feel the need or want to share to him.

• I haven't done anything like that but I don't think it's a big deal that you haven't told any one. It's your body and if you don't feel the need to tell them then it's perfectly fine.

• obviously I would
    and I would not actually do it and then say it
    I would discuss it with him first BEFORE actually going through the surgery

• 18d

Even though it's your body, you would let him have a say in it? What if you don't stick together. Would you regret your decision?

• even tho i wouldn't have it... i would mention it

• Nope they can just think that i look perfect naturally lol

• 17d

Right! I changed my diet too. And since it's such a gradual fat loss... everyone can just think it's from that XD

• It's not a big deal until he finds out from someone else what you did. Communication is key in a relationship

• 18d

I have not told anyone, so I don't think there is much risk in that sense. So you would tell your partner if you decided to have a surgery done?

• 17d

Yes of course! It effects them to weather you want to think about that or not.

• I would actually consult with them before doing it. It's a pretty big decision and I would want to hear their feelings. Especially if it's a boob job or something like that. Just tell the, that it's something you thought of doing, and would make you happy. You'll feel good knowing that they are aware of it.
    instead of hiding it.

• I am confident and happy with my appearance so I would not get any sort of work done in the first place.

I think, if there is no honesty in a relationship than there is something wrong. You should always be honest. Even if it is something small.

So please, do the right thing and prove to your significant that you can be honest with anything.

Because if he by chance finds out on his own, it might jeopardize the relationship because he will know you are secretive and and not honest and that is enough to end a relationship.

• 18d

Thank you for your opinion. I also view it as dishonest, but at the same time, I want to be able to change my body as I like, without his influence.

• 18d

I agree that honesty is best in a relationship as well. but I don't think any relationship is 100% honest. There are little white lies that are told to someone so as not to hurt their feelings. And thoughts we don't share because they would be hurtful as well.

• 18d

White lies are still lies that should not be made.
      That is the problem today.
      People will justify even the smallest lies.
      If everyone was just honest, we would not have half of the problems we have today.
      100% honesty is the key to a happy life.

• Yeah probably.