What tricks do you know to grow long hair?

I have been trying to grow my hair out for a year now. My problem is that it got to about shoulder length (from a boyish pixie cut) and won't seem to grow anymore what would you recommend to add more length? Products? Techniques?

What Guys Said 8

• Biotin supplements.

• Haha you believe in a pseudo science why don't you shove Argain products up your ass. Quit being stupid use logic if there was an actual way to grow hair that person would be a billionare.

• 15d

damn dude. calm down

• 15d

i guess the question should be "how to stop hindering the growth of your hair?" Because that's what diet, coloring and heat does. They prevent growth. Does that make you happier? Lmao

• 15d

@Puppylove94 Oh okay I see what your saying right now. Diet doesn't make hair grow faster. Now if your malnourished yeah that will make you lose hair but that's only temporarily. But diet does not make grow hair faster and this is if we are assuming this person is not suffering from any hair loss diseases and hair loss is not just hair loss there are many different causes to hair loss.

• Shoulder length after a year is actually pretty good. Unfortunately there are no magic tricks when it comes to growing out your hair. Just be patient and don't cut it and it'll be long eventually. I promise.

• 15d

I am trying to be patient it just feels like it has stopped growing completely

• 15d

It hasn't stopped growing, measure it now by holding your bangs against your face and seeing where the longest hair is, then wait 3 months and do it again. You'll see a difference.

On average hair only grows half an inch per month.

• Cut the tips of your hair regularly. Apply protein or egg protein. Use coconut oil regularly. Keep your hair clean and bush your hair daily. Loosen your hair at least for 4 hours daily. Go in the sunlight at lest for half an hour daily.

• 15d

awesome I'll try these how do you know so much about hair

• 15d

I wouldn't recommend regular trims unless you have problems with split ends. Sunlight is also bad for your hair.

• 15d

Use a silk pillowcase when you sleep at night. Have a healthy diet rich in proteins and vitamins and minerals. Meat , fish , beans , whole grains and nuts and Indian gooseberry (amla) are good. Take a supplement of vitamin B and C and Biotin. After having shower , rinse your hair with cold water. Don't use too much heat on your hair. Get rid of chemicals. Don't use shampoo daily. Massage your scalp regularly. Sometimes you can apply onion juice or potato juice or coconut milk , or green tea extract mixed in water

• Don't put chemicals on your hair. They won't do anything good. Patience and diet with proper natural nutrients will do the trick. My sister was growing her hair for few years now. It's growing slowly, but yes it's growing.

• Don't cut it?

• Eat Biotin.

• Using brain.

What Girls Said 16

• I recommend staying away from anything damaging for the hair as much as possible. We all know hot tools and hair dye are bad for the hair, I'd also include brushing or tying it while it's wet. Switching your regular pillow case with a silk one, and your regular towel you use for your hair, with a microfiber one will help too. Water though makes hair’s inner core swollen and stretchy. When swollen and stretched it easy to damage the outer cuticle layer.
    If you leave hair wet, the stretch in the hair itself can mess up cuticles, leaving them bent and raised. If you rub hair dry, you can damage the cuticles through friction. And if you blast it with too much heat this can damage them too. When cuticles are damaged the hair becomes frizzy.
    What hair needs is a way to get dry quickly without stretch, rub or heat. Which is exactly what wrapping your hair in a micro fiber towel to remove water would do. As for silk pillow cases, they contain fibers that are much more gentle on the hair. When it comes to preventing damage, it also means preventing split ends. Cutting your hair is the most effective way to get rid of split ends but I know a trick of cutting without taking away from the length: twist your hair or wrap it around your finger and trim anything sticks out. Homemade treatments are very important for better hair. For example, make your own hot oil treatment with every oil that's nourishing for the hair ( almond, tea tree, coconut, olive, rose, raisin, jojoba, sesame, etc..). I think you can find all these oils at Whole Foods market. You can add egg with these oils or a solid ingredient like avocado or banana. For best results make your self a homemade hair treatment at least twice a week. Healthy hair is the foundation to hair growth.
    If you want an even faster hair growth, include high biotin foods to your diet:
    vkool.com/biotin-rich-foods-for-hair-growth/
    Use the invert method for hair growth. For this method, you will need to tilt your head down and massage with an essential oil for a few minutes. Rosemary oil, is one of the best oils for hair growth, I would use it to grow my hair.
    For more homemade treatments, this article provides things that are specifically meant for hair growth. Always check the Indian hair recipes. Indians know a little something about beauty secrets, lol
    www.thefitindian.com/.../
    When you buy a shampoo or conditioner, always go for the one special for dry & damaged hair, like Phytokeratin Extreme shampoo and conditioner.

• Your hair is probably breaking off at the ends, while its still growing it's now breaking off at a rate to prevent it from gaining length.

Wash it only frequently enough to keep it clean and use a good conditioner. Keep it brushed well so that you don't get tangles but don't brush more than you need. Dont perm/color/style more than you absolutely need to. For a hair dryer use on the lowest heat setting or no heat at all. Don't over expose in the sun. Most importantly, watch your diet, make sure you are getting a good diet that gets you all the nutrients you need so that you grow good strong hair as your body will pull nutrients from your hair growth and produce weaker hair.

• Hmm, this coming from someone who has had hair below her hips earlier this year but I cut it for a change, it's somewhat long again. My hair grows real quick but I think that might be genes along side some of the things I mentioned below

The things I can tell you:
    - stay away from heating products and styling tools
    - use oil and leave in conditioner on wet hair
    - this one may seem weird but cut your hair every 6 to 8 weeks. It's actually recommended as it keeps hair healthy therefore allows easier growth and gets rid of split ends. Just get a trim not a full on cut.
    - hair masks in the shower (makes a world of a difference)
    - I used to take pills for hair and skin and definitely felt a difference but it's always risky advising people on pills so only do what you feel is right
    - use spray on oil when you haven't washed your hair that day to fresh it up. My hair doesn't do well to using products on dry hair or not wet hair. Only likes it when I use straight after the shower and usually has better results then. Spray on oil is the only thing that works for me.
    - wash your hair with cold water. Hot water damages hair

• I'm growing my hair too. It didn't really start growing fast until I stopped coloring it. You can't color it or use heat on it if you really want to see results. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and taking hair supplements may help too. Make sure you are brushing it upside down sometimes because that helps bring bloodflow to the scalp, which stimulates growth. Don't drink soda. That gets in the way of it for some reason.

• Memes

• So I don't know if you're into getting your hair braided, but that's what I do to grow my hair. I guess it grows it because i'm putting it away and not constantly bothering it. When I braid my hair, I leave it alone for about a month, then take it out deep condition/wash and then braid it back up. I've been doing this for about a year and my hair has gone from neck length to bra strap length. I'm trying to grow it to my hips.

• Put it in a braid or ponytail every night when you sleep. Also keep the ends trimed and take hair and nail suppliments.

• Castor oil (not the car oil), drinking a ton of water and staying away from the curling iron & straightener.

• It's called "patience".

• I do coconut pil, egg yolk amd avocado hair masks every other day and take 5000mcg of biotin twice a day and my hairs like two inches from my ass. Try it out.

• By not cutting it.

• 15d

I know that much I haven't gotten anything but a trim in over a year and it has just stopped growing I'm talking about what else I can do

• my hair grows super fast. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables though so im assuming it has to do with diet. I dont take anything

• Take vitamins for prenant women
    Take MSM with orange juice
    Rub castor oil in gair

• the only way i know is to not cut it and enjoy different styles

• Just don't think about it so much. Don't use too much heat products and you won't get split ends. Don't dye your hair a lot.

• No tricks to grow it. You can only try to keep it healthy, so there will be less split ends and that will give you the illusion of it growing faster.
    You can try:
    -Consume omega-3 foods and foods enriched in protein.
    -Biotin supplements.
    -Avoid dyeing it.
    -Avoid applying heat on it.
    -Trim it once every 4 months or so.
    -Avoid washing it every day.
    -Use a wide-toothed comb instead of a paddle brush.