Short or long hair?

i have currently long hair, up to my waist, in layers. I'm kind of tired of long hair now, but I don't know if I can pull off short hair. So what do you people think? should I stick to long or short? I also naturally have good healthy hair its shiny and slick kind of straight but wavy tips.

i cut my hair! lol I feel naked

Most Helpful Guy

• Cut it.. but don't cut it all off.. maybe to your chest. I know a lot of dudes that really appreciate long hair, but also... lots of guys are into necks... so keep it long but long enough to put up. This is the most versatile hair style. or as most cosmo gurus like to call VHS. and if it's as healthy as you say it is.. than you shouldnt have anything to worry about when it comes to looking good... you could do whatever the f*** you wanted with it and guys would appreciate (as well as girls) your hair for it's health... Do what you want :)

What Guys Said 19

• I've always heard it takes at least two full years to get your hair as long as it was before you had it cut. For me, at least, it's a rush to watch a girl with mid-back length straight hair constantly tossing it around and/or seeing it sliding off her arms and/or shoulders.

• Well my hari grows prity fast so I'm not worries I think in a year my hair will grow about 10 inches or 13.

• im always gonna side w long hair, but I'm the type that likes long non-layered hair hehe..

if you're bored from having long hair for so long tho you can cut it maybe to ur shoulders and just stylize it.. looks like you could pull off a good luck w stylized short hair :)

• Long, keep it long, I'll wash it for you, just don't cut that beautiful hair!

• Long hair, you don't have the right face for short hair. Plus you look pretty cute with it long. If it's not broke don't fix it.

• Long hair is usually indicative of sexual interest and availability in women. That's why middle age women favor bob cuts. I, of course, prefer long hair.

• Now wait a minute ! You have long hair ...UP TO YOUR WAIST ? Where is that hair growing FROM...now you're scaring me...If it is UP to your waist...it must also be DOWN to your knee caps ?

Yes..definitely, trim it up !

• ... are you ok?

• I am wondering the same about you ? You have hair "up to your waist".....Hair usually grows DOWN to your waist ........not UP from somewhere else.......Just poking fun at the the way you worded it.

• Yeah I kind of figured you were.

• Why did you do it?

• Idk lol I woke up and said I want to cut my hair and I did.

• I perfere long hair but it depends some girls do look good with short hair.

• hey sexy ;) why lets hang out tonight lol

• I love short hair on girls but you look good with long hair.

• It's up to you to have long/short hair. If you're kind of bored having long hair, then cut it but choose the style that suits your face type.

But, just fyi, guys generally like long-haired girls more because they look more feminine (you know, guys are very visual). And femininity is the thing that guys crave for because that's what they don't have :D

• hmm I like longer hair personally but it has gotten in the way during sex so I don't like it as much as I use to... you can try cutting it to shoulder length or something cause I don't think real short will work with you... you say your tired of long hair but maybe you just need a new style so I say cut it to shoulder length so you have a different style and its not a short as it was originally

• I'd say don't chop all off, but maybe take it just past the shoulders. You would probably look good either way though, so do what you feel.

• You're hair is sexy they way it is. If you cut it, don't get it cut TOO short lol.

• i like long hair urs is good

• I think keep Long hair, Because it looks sexy and I love it.

• Sixteen desperate men...and you taking a poll to determine if you should cut your hair, that it took years to grow out...Quite a way to get attention...for something you have no intention of taking anybodys advice about doing...

Why waste their time and yours ?

• Because I want to know what people think and I ain't waisting their time I ain't makeing them answer my question. oh yes I want attention soooo bad because I'm self centered and I want people to notice me. why would I want attention for? and for your information I am going to cut it up a bit but not too much.

• shoulder length is attractive waist length is a little tooooo long lol

• No, waist/ass length is the bare minimum for straight blonde or black hair.

• Thats like hippie long

if you live in modern times shoulder length is attractive not ass length lmao

• Honestly I think you're pretty enough you could totally pull off short hair. Just adding one thing pony tails FTW (that means for the win not something bad :P). You also have awesome hair already, just saying if you do hate it, you could totally pull off short hair :)

What Girls Said 10

• With the length your hair is you have the freedom to experiment, don't go short right away but get maybe 6-10 inches cut off (around or below shoulder length) you'll be surprised how much lighter your head will feel but if you've had it for such a very long time even though it will still be long you might be a little freaked out at how different it feels. From there you can decide if you want to keep that length or maybe go a little shorter (an inch or two) your hairdresser can be a great person to ask as they will be unbiased (unless they are one who pretty much begs you not to cut it mind) they are trained and should have an eye for what style will suit/compliment your face. If you have an active life you may find much shorter hair (above shoulder below jawline) to be a hell of a lot easier to manage and a lot less time to manage and you can still do lots of styles.

If you go short right away you'll suffer a shock trust me I did when I had just above waist length chopped it all off to an urban crop I cried my eyes out even though it looked good lol even when I woke the next morning when I ran my hands through my hair I freaked out all over again lol. It was nice however now getting it trapped under me while I slept and did relieve a lot of headaches not to have all that weight on my head anymore.

I say go with your gut but take it slow but I reckon you could could pull off even a crop.

• Long hair suits you, and you have to remember that because your hair is even semi-curly, when you cut it, it will become more curly because there isn't all that weight holding it down. So I think anything past shoulder length will be really curly, it has happened to me, but if you don't mind straightening it, I also think shoulder length could look really good. And if you aren't ready for that kind of commitment, a nice trim of two or three inches would leave you looking fresh, and satisfy the craving for a new look. :)

• it looks pretty as it is. ask the hair stylist which looks better , usually if you get an experienced hair stylist they can give you some style tips but I think your hair right now looks good

• no way keep it long! your hair is so pretty I'm jealous! only cause I had hair long like that before and then I got it cut off. Now I'm trying to get it long again.

• Cut it to breast length and still keep layers, I think it would look pretty good on you :) I used to have long hair too and am happy I cut it

• Don't cut it. A lot of guys like girls with long hair. but if you do cut it it should be a trim. or whatever. but it's your choice.

• I say keep it long, though I am a bit biased because I love long hair in general. Yours looks super pretty though, so you should keep it I think :]

• Do you know how many girls would kill to have your beautiful hair. = )

• don't chop it all off. maybe go for a medium length style

• Maybe a cut a couple of inches but that's it. long hair is best. :)