Do I have a psychological condition?

This may sound weird, but I really really like wearing lots of clothes. Like, I feel the need to wear layers upon layers, and if I'm not I feel off, I just don't feel very good. I'm usually wearing at least 3 layers on my top and at least 2 layers on my legs. Here are some of my typical outfits if it's not so cold out:
Do I have a psychological condition?
But now that it's winter, I'm living in even more layers and this coat will stay on until April.I know this isn't normal, I wear way more than my friends do, but it's hard to describe, but I just love wearing lots of clothes! The more clothes, the more layers, the better I feel. I never leave home without hat, scarf, and gloves. Ever. Is there something psychologically wrong with me?

What Guys Said 17

• I'm currently wearing four layers on top and two on bottom. Sometimes I'll add another layer. That's the best way to stay warm. It's also a good way to stay comfortable in a wider range of temperatures.

If I go out during really cold days, I'll add a jacket, and maybe a jacket plus winter coat, gloves, scarf and hat. That's called staying warm when it's freaking -20 and windy.

On the other hand, in the summer I'm only wearing a pair of shorts, and maybe a T-shirt.

If you are just staying warm. that's the best way to do it. If you do it in the summer and you are burning up, then something is wrong.

• I still think it's awesome that your expressing yourself.

• Sure it's fine, no ones getting hurt here. But if I were you I'd try to keep that in balance a little bit and see why you feel that way.

Even if it's simply for gaining more self control, it's seems worth the effort

• 5d

I have this addiction, too. I'm trying to find out why I have this strange need for many years, but couldn't get an anwser until now...

• Well, I guess it really is hard to stay basically warm in Canada...

• 10d

It's not that hard lol

• 9d

@Youdoyouboo by the way, is that a say, certain cultures in the East thing, to wear lots of layers? I'm not sure if it's a good thing overall. If you make things too easy on your body, it loses its conditioning and resilience?

• Everybody has a psychological condition. It's fine.

• Maybe you're just secretly part Eskimo or something.

• Yeah I am in love with female legs and boobs.

• " My strange addiction "

• I feel the same way about layering but there isn't anything wrong with me😂😂

• Just a habit I guess, you can change it. Just like me, I wore hat all day and now I barely wearing it.

• Nah, layers are cool.

• You won't catch a cold!

• Your fine. It doesn't hurt to wear layers of clothes
    you need to be warm in the Winter months.

• What do you do when it's hot and sunny?

• 10d

white outer layer helps :)

• are you cold or something?

but it seems to be in with todays fashion, wearing a ton of layers

• 12d

Yeah most people don't comment on my style... and I'm not cold when I'm wearing lots of clothes!!!

• If you supported Hillary yes.

• Nope

What Girls Said 10

• It feels natural or you simply don't feel confident enough to show your body and you don't like your appearance?

• 11d

someone else said that same thing... I'm actually very happy with my body... but I just feel better wearing lots of clothes.. it's really hard to describe actually, I'm more "me" if that makes sense...

• 11d

I understand. It is unusual but it's ok :) you can like whatever you want, it's a part of your style and yourself. For example I feel best in dresses and elegant clothes and I feel myself wearing them. Some people who like sporty/casual look would feel bad in those clothes and vice versa.

• If it doesn't hurt you or others in any way, don't bother thinking you should stop and just do what makes you happy :)

• 10d

I don't think it's hurting anybody!! Thanks for the support :)

• 6d

Indeed! It would be a slight problem if you got too hot all the time due to dressing too warmly, but as long as that's not the case just be a happy cocoon ;)

• Um, no. Just sound ver illogical for wearing all of those clothes as it is unhealthy to dress that way. Your body can only take but so much heat. So unless you live in the brutal winter places or have anemia, then what your doing is really bad.

• 10d

Really? You think it's unhealthy? Why? I do feel really warm wearing it for sure, but I kind of stay at a really warm level and I can handle it. I'm not exactly sweating or anything like that.

• Sounds like it's just some kind of OCD and virtually every human being has some kind of OCD so you're good as long as you don't purposely aim for heat strokes in summer.

• 10d

you are the second person to suggest OCD... maybe I should look into it!!!

I haven't had heat stroke yet, so I think I should be ok :)

• That's not a condition, might be mild OCD tendencies if you cannot go without doing that. But there's no condition i know of that results in needing to wear lots of clothes.

• Maybe it just gives you comfort and it's your fashion sense, I never heard of a condition like this before. I think it's just you as a person. I actually like those outfits.

• Are you always cold? Could be poor circulation

• 10d

Not really, but I do like being warm... lots :)

• Its about fashion , isn't it?

• 10d

It's about how it feels... it's hard to describe actually

• Is at least cold where you live?

• Are you content with the way your body looks?

• 11d

Yeah I think so, it's more of a feeling than a body image issue. It just feels right... it's actually really hard to explain...