Are tattoos supposed to be rough at first? And can you use glycerin on it?

Hello! I recently got a new tattoo like on Saturday and they told me to wash it and put lotion with no sent. It feels kind of rough so I was wondering if it's a bad thing? And also is it OK to put Glycerin on it? Thank you for the answers!!

0|0
4|2

Most Helpful Girl

• It might be rough for a few days while healing. But it'll calm down once the skins had time to heal (usually after the peeling stage)
    not sure what glycerin is though as usually use bepanthen

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• It feels like a pissed off needle piercing through your bones it hurts like a bitch have fun.

0|1
    1|0
  • Didn't your tattoo parlor give you a special cream to put on it?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• The first three days you put aquaphor on it then after that third day you put none scented lotion on it. Not sure why they said only lotion.

1|0
    0|0
    • 12d

Yeah because when I was done I asked them if I put Aquaphor and they said no so I have just been putting on Glycerin because I don't have unscented lotion.

• Show All
    • 12d

Oj you got it Saturday? Skip aquaphor and pit the lotion on it it'll be fine. I never put it on the one I have on my back and it still as good as all the ones I have that I used aquaphor with (:
      itching is what will ruin it so be sure to just slap it if it itches

• 12d

Thank you so much for the awesome advice! 😀😀

• It is supposed to be like that. Its healing. Then after that it would start to flake. I used tattoo goo on mine.

0|0
    0|0
  • It might be a bit dry, thats why it appears rough. I put vitamin E gel on mine. After it peeled i started using aloe vera lotion. They say not to use vaseline because it is too thick. The tattoo needs to breathe.

0|0
    0|0