Are tattoos supposed to be rough at first? And can you use glycerin on it?

Hello! I recently got a new tattoo like on Saturday and they told me to wash it and put lotion with no sent. It feels kind of rough so I was wondering if it's a bad thing? And also is it OK to put Glycerin on it? Thank you for the answers!!

Most Helpful Girl

• It might be rough for a few days while healing. But it'll calm down once the skins had time to heal (usually after the peeling stage)
    not sure what glycerin is though as usually use bepanthen

What Guys Said 2

• It feels like a pissed off needle piercing through your bones it hurts like a bitch have fun.

• Didn't your tattoo parlor give you a special cream to put on it?

What Girls Said 3

• The first three days you put aquaphor on it then after that third day you put none scented lotion on it. Not sure why they said only lotion.

• 12d

Yeah because when I was done I asked them if I put Aquaphor and they said no so I have just been putting on Glycerin because I don't have unscented lotion.

• 12d

Oj you got it Saturday? Skip aquaphor and pit the lotion on it it'll be fine. I never put it on the one I have on my back and it still as good as all the ones I have that I used aquaphor with (:
      itching is what will ruin it so be sure to just slap it if it itches

• 12d

Thank you so much for the awesome advice! 😀😀

• It is supposed to be like that. Its healing. Then after that it would start to flake. I used tattoo goo on mine.

• It might be a bit dry, thats why it appears rough. I put vitamin E gel on mine. After it peeled i started using aloe vera lotion. They say not to use vaseline because it is too thick. The tattoo needs to breathe.