What's Your Take On Makeup?

I think a lot of guys tend towards the minimal make up look, and I've noticed many girls trying to do this but, end up looking plain, or aren't confident enough so, they go all out makeup, and there are some guys who like that too.

Below is an article: "Why Society Needs To Stop Telling Women They Don’t β€˜Need’ Makeup" from Elite Daily: http://elitedai.ly/1Bc07Jc

I found this article to be very empowering. I like wearing makeup because I like the way it makes me look and feel but, often I wonder if it looks like I'm trying too hard or, vice versa, on days I don't feel like putting on makeup and I choose to go out, I worry that it looks like I don't care about my self image.

I like how the article associates makeup to fashion instead of something that's there just to make you look better. Like, I don't wear sweatpants and a baggy T-shirt every day; I have a sense of style. I don't wear minimal makeup every day, sometimes I like going barefaced, or wearing a little more depending on my mood.

I think this article does a great job in empowering women not to "need" makeup but, to use or not use it in their own way. It also gives some insight for men who believe women only wear make up to impress them or to mislead them.

One day I'd like to see makeup as an extension of fashion just like we have different shoes or wear a watch but, for now, I understand the pro/anti battle.

So, what do you think of makeup?What's Your Take On Makeup?

Most Helpful Guy

• The article is very wonderful But thanks for bringing it to our notice.-------It's an extension of fashion , but the fashion industry is notorious on preying on people's sense of self worth. They want to give them the luxury of making their own choices. And women love to celebrate that they have CHOICES. A girl has a complete choice to wear a make up or not. Sometimes a horrible looking girl without a makeup can be completely confident and comfortable. Where as a good looking girl with little bit of imperfections will still want to hide or mask her imperfections with makeup little knowing that the imperfections seem to make her look more beautiful. People always have a opinion and they are not right or wrong if they say one way or the other. Some women do make up to compete with other women. Some do it because their bosses want them to be with make up. Women even reach late to work because of makeup time. Women are always judged by their looks. Some women are really afraid to let people see their real faces because they don't feel they are pretty enough. So they want to use make up to meet the false standards of beauty , that society has set for them and they meet these standards with makeup. Some women say , they are not born with good looks so they need a good make up look to pretend that they are someone else. Many who choose to use makeup everyday get used to seeing themselves with makeup and subsequently feel that they can't go without it. -----But overall I feel , that a women should feel free to choose whether she needs to wear make up or not. Nobody has a right to monitor her reasons for wearing a makeup on a day-to-day basis and judge some of those reasons as good or bad. She should be free to do what she wants.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like makeup and I think it should be used as a way for a girl to express herself. It's not up to anyone else to dictate what she does with it.

What Guys Said 13

• I think thee is a time and place for everything including make-up I have noticed over the years women wearing less and less make-up just like the bell bottom pants went out of style I personally do not like a lot of make-up on a women but in moderation can accent a women's highlights but as fades come and go so will make-up

• I agree with this " Makeup is to enhance natural beauty not cover it up."

• Makeup can not make you pretty. It can only enhance the beauty that is already there. Some actually take on a clown look with too much. A natural woman with a touch of makeup drives this guy wild.

• Without reading that wall of text...

I like natural makeup. The more makeup she uses the pickier I get about it. If it's too much then I usually find it less attractive than no makeup at all

• 15d

The "wall of text" explains the article and details concerning the question.

• 15d

If there is important information in the description concerning the question then I point at it in the question or at the beginning of the description. That's how I do it and I treat questions of other people the same.
      You asked a general question which is clear and I read until the link to the article. I have my own opinion about makeup, I don't care what other guys think, the influence of society or anything else like this. It's not needed to answer the actual question so reading that whole article and the rest of the description seems like a waste of time. I would read it if I were actually interested in the topic, but I'm not that much. I open 50 questions at once and work through them to kill boredom.

You asked about our opinion on makeup, I gave you my opinion. It's not needed, a bit is nice and can improve looks, too much is a turn off. But it's not my decision so everyone should do as they want. Simple as that.

• 15d

And if that didn't answer your question, then you probably asked the wrong one. That might come off a bit rude saying it like this, but it's my honest opinion and how I deal with questions on here.

• It makes you women prideful so no

• 16d

Prideful? *pulls out dark red lipstick* 💄
      Yeah, were you saying something? ('-' )

• 16d

Sorry... lol 😂
      The truth hurts. ('-' )

• 16d

@JoyGirl okay I'ma shut up lolzzzπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• A little goes a long way. Makeup is to enhance natural beauty not cover up it up.

• It should only be worn by men coming from a 100% heterosexual.

• Little makeup never hurts. But i prefer the natural look.

• i dont like makeup,
    but if the person wearing it likes it
    what can i do?

• I dont care what women do with their faces.

• Im one who definitely dont like makeup... i figured women use it are somewhat insecure

• In my opinion, just my opinion, I really don't like it. As time goes on she will age, wrinkles, blemishes and so in. At least I can see her age gracefully then one day going to sleep w a girl who looks like a perfect ten, then waking up to a girl who hit every branch falling down the ugly tree. I hope you get what I mean. I guess in a way I see it as false advertisement, make up makes her look perfect only to find out what you see isn't always what you get. Just my opinion.

What Girls Said 11

• makeup can be good but when you go over board then you can look like a clown. I personally don't wear makeup often because I prefer sleep but each to their own

• All I do is foundation and mascara. And lipstick sometimes. I don't think I look too plain, but maybe it's because I'm used to myself with natural makeup

• my skin is really sensitive, so i only use make-up when going out
    sometimes i like experimenting with different eye liner looks
    but normally i would just slap on tinted lip balm and call it a day

• I love it!

• I like makeup. My regular routine is powder, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss or pencil sometimes. It's relaxing and improves my self confidence, seeing as I often lack in that area.

• For me, makeup makes me feel insecure so I reserve it for only big occasions like wedding, or huge anniversary party etc

• I could care less really.

• Makeup is a must and its on my bake 24/7

• its all lies.

• I just don't get why it's such a huge issue. It's none of anybody else's business however somebody else chooses to style themselves. Men say those jokes about trust issues with those before and after make up pics, but if they really can't tell when a woman has that much makeup on he's really dumb and should just stay home.
    Personally, I don't wear it. I have lots of make up, and probably wear it once twice a year for special occasions. I do wish I liked it more though, and that I was like those girls who love doing their makeup and hair and love lookin good... but I'm lazy, and I'm always late. And realistically make up just isn't "me"

• 15d

I agree with the "if a guy can't tell she's wearing that much makeup... he's really dumb." Like, really? Who has gold eyelids?

• I only wear makeup when I go out to a party (which is not very often) or in special situations like a job interview or something similar. And even then it's only cc cream and mascara.