What's a sufficient tip for your hair stylist during Christmas season?

Last year I got called out by my hair stylist's co-worker who loudly spoke "only $15?" making sure i could hear as i left. I basically gave an extra $10 in addition to my $5 tip for a $25 haircut since it's the first time I had a regular stylist. Today I gave her $50 for the haircut and Christmas tip. No back talk, so I think it was acceptable.

How much do you women tip since you pay so much more for a cut?

What Girls Said 6

• I usually tip about 10-15% for a haircut. I think $15 is more than enough for a $25 haircut.

• I never tipped my hairstylists and they still serve me prosecco well ooops lmao 😂

• I have not given tip to a hairstylist so far because they always ended up doing something wrong.

but what the heck, $15 was a good tip.

• 13d

How much do you ladies pay to get your bangs cut $50? lol

I can't even fathom how much a woman would tip during Christmas if they like their stylist.

• 13d

nope, I pay $15

• $15 for a $25 haircut? damn.
    well once i gave a $50 tip for a $70 cut but it was kind of special because it took 3 hours.

• 13d

Okay, I think I'm convinced I'm overtipping on the Holiday tip. Next year $20 should be plenty.

• You over-tipped.
    I cut my own hair.

• They don't deserve any tip with that attitude. At my salon, most people tip around the same as that. Some a little less, some slightly more.

• 13d

I think next year I'll just go with a twenty for a tip regardless of the haircut price.

What Guys Said 4

• Woah $50 for a haircut... I usually give my barber a $2-$3 tip depending on how many ones I have. My barber is Arabian so when Eid comes I tip him $5. You're over tipping and that's why the coworker questioned it, he was joking.

• 13d

I used to tip my barber $15 for a $15 cut during Christmas only. I like my stylist, but I'm not sure if I over did it with the tip.

• 13d

You did but hey now you'll know she'll take care of you.

• I wouldn't tip her that much. You don't owe her anything besides the actual price of the haircut so it's extremely rude and disrespectful of her to expect and basically demand a big tip

• 13d

Well my stylist didn't say anything other than thank you, but it was her co-worker that spoke up. Maybe she's used to getting bigger tips.

• 15 dollars should be good honestly,

• I never tipped them.