What's more important - looks or confidence?

The guy that I dated once told me that I impressed him most with my confidence, because I approached him after class, asking if he wanted to study for a test together. I did like him at that time but I wasn't intimidated because I wasn't planning to date him, but simply wanted TO GET TO KNOW HIM (I wonder if it's secret of being successful in the dating world- not over thinking things but simply being interested in making friends). I've been told I'm a very attractive girl, but I don't think that was what intrigued him.

So, guys, do you think confidence even with an average looks will help a girl to get more dates, than stunning looks without much confidence?

Most Helpful Guy

• A girl who isn't gorgeous (but isn't butt-ugly either), who goes out and actually tries getting to know guys, has MUCH better chances of getting a DECENT guy, than a gorgeous girl who sits on her ass all day, and waits for guys to approach her.

You did very well in attempting to get to know him. If more girls were like that, I have a feeling there would be a lot less complaining from guys and girls alike. Guys wouldn't complain about how it's so hard to get a girlfriend, because of how they're the ones who have to start everything, and girls wouldn't complain about how the only guys who hit on them, are jerks and d***heads.

What Guys Said 9

• Confidence makes you attractive, not makeup or clothes or a good figure. Those things just get you some attention. but maybe the wrong kind.

• Confidence does matter most, but looking good really goes hand in hand with looking confident. I think that's because subconsciously, you assume good looking people are confident.

It's really hard to separate the two

• Looks trump confidence. However body language trumps looks. Share those deep emotional issues later on, no?

• I will say yes, you will get more dates at least with good guys because we (the good guys) go around the world looking for someone that is gonna fill our heart with those little details where looks and wealth don't matter where confidence and caring make the path to happiness... You know that world were chickens can cross the street with questions asked hahaha but hey you need more dates all you need is right one... ;)

“It is the woman who chooses the man who will choose her.”

• You know that world were chickens can cross the street without questions asked hahaha but hey you don't need more dates all you need is right one... ;) That's what I meant to say hahaha sorry

• I think both are of great importance. Looks are a plus, but the way you act, and carry yourself, speak volumes for how you feel about you. I think if you have great looks and awesome confidence, you can pretty much get anyone you wants. But confidence is a must for me at least.

• Yes, because if you lack confidence, odds are your selfesteem is low, and if you are confident you know exactly what you want and you are willing to do whatever you need to get it!, But don't get over confident then you'll just look like a fool :P

• confidence goes a long way. It will get you in with girls, as well as businesspeople, etc. Confidence is everything.

• Confidence

• confidence

What Girls Said 1

• Guys with confidence makes me goa goa for coco puffys...lol