How do guys feel about girls with tattoos?

Is it a turn on or a turn off? I've heard that guys like girls with tattoos. Would you prefer to be with a girl with tattoos or do you prefer their bare skin?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have to disagree with Cyberdog. Well, if you get yourself a tattoo purely for "fashion" reasons or because you think it's cool, then I'm inclined to agree with him. I have one tattoo that I got almost 11 years ago and have never ONCE regretted it. EVER. Even after having 2 kids it's in great shape and I still love it. But I put a whole lot of thought into what and where to get it before I did. I've been wanting some more tattoos and I have put just as much thought into those. The tattoos I want would never "go out of style" because I'm not getting them for style reasons. One of the tattoos I want I can't imagine any circumstance that would make me regret getting it. The other it's possible I could regret it down the line but I doubt it. Risks I am willing to take.

I can respect that some people aren't into tattoos and that's their prerogative. But I think as long as you are doing it for the right reason, then it's not a stupid thing at all to do. Sure there are risks involved, but quite honestly there are risks in our lives every single day. One cannot live their life in constant avoidance of risk. It's up to each of us to decide if the risks are worth it to us or not. We all literally do this 1000 times a day. Some "risks" are bigger than others and only you can ultimately decide whether something is worth it to you or not.

What Guys Said 7

• I prefer a girl to have at least one tattoo, but not too many. And it should be a thoughtful one which is appropriate and appropriately placed. There's no need for a fire breathing dragon on your face, but anything of significance to the person is definitely a turn on. It shows that the girl isn't a delicate flower, but that she has at least a bit of a tough side and an appreciation of expression.

Also, it definitely isn't attractively when girls get the really cliche tattoos. Tramp stamps: terrible. A heart on your inner hip: laughable. Etc.

• Tattoos are by nature made to go out of style. Since their conception in general society (you know, when they stopped being for sailors and dockworkers exclusively!), the fashion within the area of tattoos has been varying. That's what's causing the skepticism. A tattoo is, literally many would argue, a stigma, voluntarily attached to the skin, a permanent and all but ineradicable mark. Now why the opposition? There are many reasons to think twice before getting one, and even more for what you should get. First of all, getting a tattoo, young people often claim that they can get it lasered should they want to get rid of it one day. Not true. The lasering will leave scar tissue, and it is so costly that many, though having cited this argument before getting one, will never be able to afford the treatment. Second, results may vary. The hommage or tribute you wanted to make by getting one, or worse, the result you envisioned would beautify you, may not be what you expected, no matter the skill of the artist. This link to prove my point. ( link Parents and sceptics are right to tell you to reconsider your plan.

Deciding what to get is also an important part of the process, and what's in fashion now, definitely won't be 5 years from now. It will fade, sag and disappoint, guaranteed. More importantly, you will get bored, and your threshold for getting a new one is lowered, leaving you to risk your appearance once more.

Now, knowing this, I can accept that some girls still want the tattoos, I however think that those who get them are more likely to regret that decision than those who opted out. That makes me think less of girls who chose to get one. Honestly, and please don't take offense.

The female body might not have been shaped in Gods image, but however it came to be, a damn fine recipe was used. There few things as sexy and attractive to me as the soft, velvet feel of female skin, the smell of it (when clean) and the allover appearance. It's perfect as it is, and a tattoo is sure to seem a blemish to me, and I would prefer it unsullied. But for some reasons girls get them anyway, and I can live with them, they don't disgust me, some of them are even kind of cute, but I tell you, you can't beat the real thing. Having no tattoo will never be out of style, and it won't scare away a guy that finds them sexy either.

To put it short, no tattoos for me thanks.

• My girlfriend has two and she is one of the most innocent people you can find. personally it makes me want to get mine as soon as possible.

• its one thing to have a few tasteful tattoos in discrete locations.(RE:alyssa milanno)

but there are a few who take it too far. these women look like a biker gang had a Crayola/sharpie convention all over her body.yuck!

• I don't find tattoos are attractive. I think girls skin are just fine without them.

• TURN-OFF

I would prefer to date a girl without tattoos

• My girlfriend doesn't have any tattoos, but I don't think I would mind if she got one as long as it was tasteful.

What Girls Said 4

• i have 3 tattoos all in places that aren't really on display I love my tattoos and if no fella did then who cares its my body not his lol

but I think tattoos all over your arm or on display for everyone to see is kinda not nice! I'm getting rid of one of my tattoos I got it when I was younger and hate it now but my other two I love :D and the pain of getting a tattoo is kind of addictive to me lol but definitely won't be getting anymore

• it's you body do what you want to it. But don't get something lame like an arm band, get something unique that means something to you, and if a guy can't love you because you have a tattoo then he ain't worthy of your love. I've got 3 that can be hidden easily, but my hubby's covered.I love it. Tattoo's are attractive to many many people, you'll be ok!

• Lol I find it funny people disagreed with you they disagreed with me too for saying its your body do what you like obviously people care too much what other people think but I totally agree with you :D

• I'm sure some guys like them, but I've had a lot of guys compliment me for not having any tattoos. I think once sorority girls starting getting them they lost any kind of funky vibe they once had.

• I think as long as you aren't filled with tattoo skin, it shouldn't be a big deal. And only choose to get it if you want to - not because someone else said so. You know?