So this weekend, my boyfriend plans on taking me out to a fancy Italian restaurant that has live bands that play there and dancing, and we're both going to get all dressed up. I have a very pretty formal dress already. It's a gorgeous long, slim-fitting burgundy dress with spaghetti straps and a ruched waist, and is trimmed with small silver and burgundy beads at the top and satin buttons going down the back. It's quite lovely, but there are wrinkles and creases on the bottom of the dress. The tag said it was 100% polyester, so would using an iron be safe to use on it?

Most Helpful Guy

• LOL, sorry as very nice as the story was did you really need to tell it to ask how to iron a polyester dress?

Use a steam iron and do not let the iron touch the dress directly. Put a sheet or pillow case over it and iron that. Be VERY careful.

• Lols, I guess the story was probably a little unnecessary. Sorry about that. Sometimes I get a bit carried away and just write down everything that goes through my head, even if it isn't really needed. But thank you!

• Its funny but it happens to be about the only thing I can remember my middle school required home ect. class room teacher telling us was how to iron delicate material.

• Well, it's somewhat useful to know, at the very least. ^_^ You never know when that sort of knowledge will come in handy, even if it may seem to be insignificant. Really, thank you for answering. I'm glad you did. I would be so sad if I did something to ruin the dress. My mother spent so much on it just for me, and so I want to take the best care of it as I possibly can. The dress has become one of my most cherished possessions. ^_^

What Guys Said 1

• Sure, but make sure and take it off first, OK, or you might burn yourself with the iron.

What Girls Said 3

• us that wrinkle release spray, that way you don't melt the fabric and it dries quick

• Alright. I do have some of that Downy wrinkle release spray stuff, so it would be worth trying. ^_^

• put some water on in and iron it out...should work fine...

• It won't melt the material? I'm just concerned about that because my mother did spend quite a bit for me on that dress, and so I want to take extra precautions to make sure I don't ruin it. It would be such a waste and I would feel awful.

• Check awesomeworld. co. uk

There are a lot of dresses! :D