Why does my hair get so greasy?

Okay i have very thick hair and i wash it everyday and i've used the same shampoo and conditioner for years and i have never had a problem until 2 months ago. I use shampoo on my top and conditioner on my ends. My mom thinks it's because i don't clean my hair well enough but i really do. It usually just gets greasy on the top near the back of my head

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• If you wash it every day, your hair has to produce more of the natural oils that your hair needs to be healthy. Washing it every day basically makes it have to work overtime. Yes, overwashing your hair can make it get GREASIER FASTER.

You really only need to fully wash and condition your hair no more than 2-4 times a week. In between washes, use dry shampoo to absorb extra oil and take away any "two day old" scent.

Note, you can still shower every day, but it isn't necessary to wash your hair every single time.

• if you wash it everyday it will be greasy. trust me i was the exact same way. buy a clarifying shampoo and only wash hair once every other day to start. it will be greasy at first but eventually it will adapt to th change.

• Hormones can be a real bitch

• skip the conditioner and see if it helps

• Do you massage that area with shampoo thoroughly? If the problem is only in the specific area, then I think your mother might be right.

• Maybe hormonic change? I don't know