I'm really uncomfortable in a bikini?

I don't want to be one of those girls that posts pictures on here where it looks like they're fishing for compliments, so I won't

but I really hate how I look in a bikini, I'm 5'3" and 132 pounds, I go to the gym about 4 times a week but how can I tell if I look bad in a bikini? I'm seventeen and most girls my age have fast metabolisms whereas mine's regular so in comparison, I look big

Most Helpful Guy

• What is it you don't like about being in a bikini? You feel that your body, compared with your friends, looks large? Even if that's the case, you need to accept that that is the body you have and you should be proud of it, even if its different from your friends.

If you're going to the gym 4 times a week (and presumably eating normally/healthily) then it sounds like you are not an unhealthy individual and really you don't have anything to worry about.

So I guess what you need to do, is look at yourself in the mirror in a bikini and ask yourself what it is YOU think makes you look bad and why.

What Guys Said 3

• I mean I haven't seen a picture of you but you sound fine...let me tell you that as far as I can tell from my opinions and the opinions of my firends Girls are WAY too self conscious when it comes to that...Guys like seeing skin regardless of ir you're perfect or not and any guy that is going to harshly judge you appearance is someone that you don't want to get attention from anyway.

• What you need to do for your general self-esteem: Be happy with your appearance yourself.

What you need to do for being attractive: Get the opinions of your best friends (female/guys) Especially the ones you trust.

~ ArtistBBoy

• Girls just say what you want to hear and guys feel guilty though

I'm fine with myself except in a bikini haha

• Too true. If you're fine with yourself I don't think it really matters what others think. But to be in your optimal condition, you also know what you can do. I prefer my optimal because then I don't have to think about these type of things.

• Haha thank you :)

good point I need to get over it

• upload a photo

What Girls Said 3

• Well I'm 19 5'4" and 115 lbs but I don't feel comfortable in a bikini either. I don't have self esteem issues in any other situation. It's just that, personally, I don't really think I look all that good in them.

BTW, What do you do at the gym four times a week? Mostly cardio or do you do strength too? Because if you have more muscle mass that may be why you look "bigger" but actually a toned body is sexy. (Which is what I'm working on right now)

Honestly, if you exercise I highly doubt you look bad in a bikini.

Oh, and get a Victoria Secret bikini if you can, the ones with the underwire in the bra top, those make look you amazingly hot.

Meetmeonthequinox is probably right, though. Skin is skin, and guys will always love when you show it.

• Yeah I usually do cardio because I'm low on time and my metabolism isn't very fast so I do 45 min cario and then sometimes some weights too

• Bikinis are just little bits of clingy material. It's not easy to be comfortable in them.

I doubt anyone else is judging you as harshly as you're judging yourself. You exercise regularly and your weight is healthy--what more are you supposed to do in order to look good in a bikini? You put effort into your body, don't question that by comparing yourself to other girls.

• im 5'8" and 125 pounds and hate the way I look in a bikini. soooo loosing weight won't help you trust me being your size is way better then looking like a stick and I'm the opposite of you I have a really fast metabolism and I work out a lot so I can't gain weight. but my boyfriend loves it when I wear a bikini so I do it for him :) but guys really don't care that much unless ur like 600 pounds are a skeleton. its us girls who have a problem with our bodies so go rock that bikini and you will look fabulous :) with ur weight and height you sound like the perfect size especially if you work out.