Products to get rid of blackheads?

My boyfriend unfortunately has blackheads all over his nose and upper cheeks; (under his eyes). He's tried different face washes and his skin type is dry. It's making his skin feel bumpy & I'm a little tired of helping him squeeze them out. Dermatologist will be his last resort if no solution is found! Please recommend any products, tools, face masks, or treatments that have worked for you.

6d Thanks everyone! I'll most likely pick up the biore strips, and the face and body cleanser by lush

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 19

• He should try dark angels face and body cleanser from lush. It's a really amazing product because it has charcoal, rhassoul mud, avocado oil, and black sugar.
    The rhassoul mud and charcoal are going to help absorb any excess oil and deeply cleanse the pores, it has black sugar which will help exfoliate and remove the black and white heads, and I noticed you mentioned he has sensitive skin; that vitamin rich organic cold pressed avocado oil is going to help moisturize and soften the skin after all that cleansing. Major bonus is that this product is vegan. 😊

• 6d

Boir strips are not good. The stretch the pores out because they're pulling at the skin and it's very rough on sensitive skin.

• Not much you can do really. I have the same issue (though I don't get anyone else to squeeze them, that's just kinda weird) and I use a peelable face mask that's made with school glue and activated charcoal.

Basically, get two or three capsules of activated charcoal (you can find them at your pharmacy, they'll be labelled as a treatment for flatulence, just ask for activated charcoal at the counter) and mix them with some school glue, as much as you think you need. Here's a tip. Don't make it too thick or it doesn't spread well, but don't make it too thin or it just won't peel properly, rendering it useless.

The purpose is, that after it dries, it attaches to your skin, including imperfections, and while it hurts a little to take it off, it does succeed in attaching to the black heads and pulling them out.

• Face washes don't really help. What he needs is a mask with charcoal in it

• Try out the charcoal and glue thing that people are using. It looks so cool. If ur going to try take before and after pix and post them... I want to see😝

• i've already used everything, and nothing help, i just have to pressure them every week , exfoliate and use lotion, or i would get a dermatologist get it done for me, it's the only way for me, i will never buy so expensive products, my skin doesn't look super bad, i only have blackheads, so it's not like it should be super hard to get rid of em.

• Use a black face mask peel, they'll pull them right out.

• Clean and clear black head eraser worked well for me

• The coal mask popular on Insta and YouTube.

• the pore strips are good on the nose at least.

• Biore nose strips worked wonders for me :) cleared all my blackheads out

• type homemade strips for blackhead
    One includes egg whites, tissue paper strips etc

• Try a face wash containing activated charcoal. Also, try Biore black head strips.

• Has he tried some natural type face wash? There is a St. Ives brand that is a green tea blend. It is specifically for blackheads and redness.

• Apricot scrub,

• Aztec Healing Clay

• black-peel-off masks.

• It's more expensive going to the dermatologist or buying a ton of products you don't know if they even work?

• Maybe he needs to look at his diet? it's all well and good to use products but the problem won't go if it's related to his diet sometimes that's all that is needed for the skin to improve.

• 9d

This was also on my mind as an idea. People would be surprised what causes acne. Even the environment has an effect.

• I used to have blackheads when I was in hs so I started a routine
    I bought exfoliating gloves
    s3.amazonaws.com/.../...4af8-aa12-7fc2fef3dbb4.jpg
    and asepxia soap and scrubbed my face after every shower and put on lotion afterwards
    if he's got it bad he should probably do it twice a day, it works better after a shower because hot water opens the pores