Are dresses at school acceptable in your opinion why or why not?

94

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally, I believe schools allow dresses assuming the school doesn't have a uniform. Granted, this is assuming it is an appropriate length (aka when it isn't basically a glorified t-shirt).

For my personal opinion, I think they should be allowed when they are appropriate length. It can be kinda indecent and not school appropriate when the dress is super short. I imagine that during sports or whatever, the girls are changing into gym clothes anyway so wearing a dress otherwise isn't a problem.

With all this in mind, I doubt many girls would want to wear dresses in the first place. They're more formal than most care to wear to school, and if they're like the girl equivalent of tuxedos, they would be annoying to wear for everyday use. I dunno-- maybe I'm mistaken on that last part, but it's what I imagine.

Should they be allowed? Yes, within reason naturally.

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• Girls at my school never wear dresses.

• You should check with your school's dress code.

• They're acceptable, but I prefer that my after school students don't wear them, because I want them to participate in sports with me and the rest of the class. If it is people not in my class, then I think it is fine though.

What Girls Said 8

• Absolutely! When I was in school, I wore a skirt or dress almost every day. As long as it's not against some school dress code policy, you'll be fine.

• yes, unless of course you need to do sports or something like that

• Acceptable as long as they are decent. I wore a lot of dresses in school. I wear almost only dresses usually. Haha.

• Yes, sometimes I feel lazy to dress up so I just wear a dress few accessories and I'm done lol

• Yes- unless they go against the schools uniform requirements.

• Appropriate ones, yes

• Yes they're

• Yes! I love wearing dresses sometimes. I just make sure that they aren't more than an inch above the knee and if to wear tights.